Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Rim Size and Bowtie

Search this Thread

Old April 29th, 2013, 10:42 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rim Size and Bowtie

I am looking at the Cragar Soft 8 but I do not know what size I am supposed to be getting.
I have a 2012 Tahoe LT.

http://www.summitracing.com/search/w...black%20wheels

http://www.summitracing.com/search/w...black%20wheels

I am also looking to paint / vinly wrap my Bowties(front and rear)

Is there an easy way to remove them or should I just put a sticker over them?

-Greg
Old April 29th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Greetings Greg, welcome to the Forum.

Your Hoe (best I can remember) could come with 17's, 18's or 20" wheels on it. So, it depends on if you want to remount your existing Tires on a new set of Rims, or buy new Tires.

If you want to remount...
Then give me the size you're running now, and I can do a lookup on how wide they are, and tell you what width Rim to buy.

If you want to buy new Tires...
Then you got a very wide range of options on Rim Diameter and Width. (I understand you'd like to go with 17" Rims)
But, if you intend to keep your speedometer and general operating conditions of your Hoe, you should try to keep as near as you can, to the "overall" diameter which your Hoe was designed to use. You can find that Tire size information on the Sticker on the Drivers door. With that, I can do a lookup and go from there.

On the Bowties, I'll yield to someone who has a 2012 Hoe, to advise you on that.

Last edited by SWHouston; April 29th, 2013 at 11:22 AM.
Old April 29th, 2013, 12:56 PM
CF Beginner

I believe I am running on stock 17's

and

P265/70R17 (I think this is what you are looking for.)
Old April 29th, 2013, 1:35 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, got that, but are you just wanting to put your existing Tires on new 17" rims ? What you have on the ground now, what size are they ?
Old April 29th, 2013, 2:24 PM
CF Beginner

For the bow tie, you can order new ones off of Amazon made from Billet in different colors as well as brushed and polished to swap out. I just ordered some black ones for mine and they were $70 with shipping. The front is super easy to swap and took me about 5 minutes. The back one is held on with double sided tape so there is a little more involved in swapping it, but from what I understand not too hard. I just have not had a chance to do it yet. Here is a link to the ones I bought.

Bow Ties Bow Ties
Old April 29th, 2013, 3:23 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by SWHouston
Ok, got that, but are you just wanting to put your existing Tires on new 17" rims ? What you have on the ground now, what size are they ?
I have fine all season tires right now,

I am just trying to switch the stock rims that I have

( These are the rims that I have now, 2012 Chevrolet Tahoe 4D Sport Utility LT | Sacramento | eBay Classifieds (Kijiji) | 27422959 )

I want to get the Police rims / Steel rims / Cragar Soft 8(I will probably be getting) But I do not know which ones I am able to get.
Old April 29th, 2013, 3:24 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by rritch
For the bow tie, you can order new ones off of Amazon made from Billet in different colors as well as brushed and polished to swap out. I just ordered some black ones for mine and they were $70 with shipping. The front is super easy to swap and took me about 5 minutes. The back one is held on with double sided tape so there is a little more involved in swapping it, but from what I understand not too hard. I just have not had a chance to do it yet. Here is a link to the ones I bought.

Bow Ties

Thanks for the link.
Old April 29th, 2013, 3:31 PM
CF Beginner

No problem. One thing to note with the Soft 8's, I love the look and ran them on my jeep, but they are steel and HEAVY so they add a lot of so they add quite a bit of unsprung mass and can affect mileage. There are alloy versions available that have the same look, but are much lighter.
Old April 29th, 2013, 3:39 PM
CF Beginner

Check out the Pro Comp 7069. They are similar in look and price to the Soft 8 and much lighter. The Soft 8's will be about 30lbs each in the size you are looking at.
Old April 29th, 2013, 3:45 PM
CF Beginner

I just want the rims that are the PPV or atleast the closet to them.

I have found the alloy and steel rims but they are all silver or chrome, not black.

Quick Reply: Rim Size and Bowtie