Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Roller Rockers

Search this Thread

Old August 1st, 2016, 10:45 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roller Rockers

Building the motor out of a 1998 Suburban 5.7 vortec TBI for use in my boat. The motor has the roller cam/lifters. I am going with stainless valves and considering stainless roller arms. I found a set that will fit the 3/8 stud and has the 1.5 ratio which is supposedly stock for almost all GM pushrod motors. The sellers website warns that "other modifications may be required" with those rockers. When I asked, they seemed to say that was a generic warning. If the rockers are for sbc motors, has the right stud size, and IF that is the correct ratio, what possible mods could be required to make them work?
Old August 1st, 2016, 11:11 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In checking the archives in this very good forum, I see that OEM vortec rockers are self-aligning [guided]. I don't think there are self aligning roller rockers so valve guides would be required. To install the guides, I'm thinking I'd have to go over to threaded studs. Since this is not to be a high performance motor, I'm not sure the stainess roller rockers are worth all the mods that might be required. Hoping someone tells me otherwise.