Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

runs alot better, but...

Search this Thread

Old February 18th, 2010, 3:02 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default runs alot better, but...

still have a very slight miss at idle. 98 'hoe, 5.7, just replaced injectors with mpi conversion, new gaskets, cleaned throttle body, iac, egr, new gasket, plugs, wires, cap, rotor all new and working as should. truck has gobs more power, still seems to have a slight miss, very slight, at idle. could it be that computer needs to "relearn" with the new injection system? my fuel trim is off at idle as well. bank one is +5.5, bank 2 is -6.7, however at 1500 rpms, they pretty much balance out to about +6.5. it runs great otherwise, but still seems as if something is off? any ideas, or things to look at or check?
Old February 19th, 2010, 1:00 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

*bump*

250 mile trip with 'hoe last night. for most part, ran great the first 175 miles, slight pinging going uphill. not real bad tho. still, will figure that out at some point. however, the last 75 miles or so, i ran into big issues. at 1/4-1/2 throttle, there is a serious stumble and some backfiring. it idles great!!! the idle is probably better than factory. and if you floor it, man she moves. but 1/4-1/2 throttle, she acts like she starving for fuel. never got any codes either. anyone who has followed me and this 'hoe knows i've thrown a great deal at her. to refreshlugs, wires, cap, rotor, all filters, fuel pump, new mfi injection spider, new gaskets, cleaned throttle body, egr (as best i could), cleaned idle air valve. i don't use cheap parts, spark is great. will be checking fuel pressure in a short bit, but what else should i be looking at? idle is great, wot is great, it's just in between. who got ideas?