Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Rust in seat track of all places??

Search this Thread

Old June 12th, 2014, 1:48 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rust in seat track of all places??

Ok so I just bought a 2007 tahoe. I noticed today that the seat tracks have rust on them. I have no idea how or why its there, as I am not the original owner. I am assuming its from wet boots, and or spilled liquids, as I can tell it was detailed and they did a fairly good job, but when I've had to go inside a panel or something else, I've found the crud the detailers couldn't get to.

Anyways, anyone else seen anything like this, and how would you go about cleaning it up? I was thinking a wire brush and a vacuum, and then some gloss rustoleum black or something. When the seats are in their normal position you really don't notice it...but now that its mine, I notice everything.

I was also wondering if anyone had spent any time lubricating the gearing on the power seats and what you used to do so or how you did it?
Old June 12th, 2014, 2:08 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw rust yesterday on my 2008 driver side rails. I usually use rust inhibitor on surface rust. It turns rust to primer and works well in most scenarios, just don't except it to do magic.