Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Sad Story - I Traded My '08 Tahoe for '12 MKX!

Search this Thread

Old October 17th, 2012, 7:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sad Story - I Traded My '08 Tahoe for '12 MKX!

Did you ever make a stupid mistake and wish you could take it back? Well, I made a doozie! Last December (2011) I traded my perfectly good '08 Z71 Tahoe for a stupid 2012 Lincoln MKX! Man was I ever dumb!

I desperately need to get back into a Tahoe and to heck with the gas mileage! The Lincoln MKX is just too small for me and my Grandkids.

Looks like I need to put the '12 Lincoln MKX up for sale myself cause I know I can't get enough out of it as a trade-in.

I've looked at the USAA Buying Service and they have a price on a 2013 LTZ Tahoe for around $51K which I would gladly pay if I could sell my MKX for a decent price.

Anyone else heard of any good deals on 2013 Tahoe? I'd even consider a new 2012 just to get back to a good old Tahoe!
Old October 17th, 2012, 8:32 PM
CF Senior Member

Where are you located? How about a 2010 suburban lt with 31000 miles. Blue granite metallic?
Old October 17th, 2012, 8:56 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by blueinterceptor
Where are you located? How about a 2010 suburban lt with 31000 miles. Blue granite metallic?

Thanks for the response but, a Suburban is out of the question and I certainly won't settle for a 2010. I need something new and it's got to be a Tahoe. I'm in San Antonio, TX by the way.
Old October 17th, 2012, 9:26 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't buy a Tahoe Gm trucks have gone to hell. Buy an Expedition.
Old October 18th, 2012, 10:41 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by MDTAHOE
Don't buy a Tahoe Gm trucks have gone to hell. Buy an Expedition.
Whoa! How can you say something like that on a Chevy Forum?

I test drove a 2012 Expedition and wasn't impressed. The iinstrumentation was a bunch of tiny squares that were hard to see in the daytime. The navigation window was smaller than my cell phone screen!! I owned a 2002 Expedition and enjoyed it, but sadly they have changed. Also, the nav. software in all Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury vehicles (is it still around) does not work. It doesn't work at all in my MKX, well maybe a little.

Nope, I want to get back into a Tahoe, preferably an LTZ, but I'd take an LT with the Z71 package!
Old October 18th, 2012, 2:49 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Guardian, thank you for considering another Tahoe! We're just a PM away if you have any questions while you search.

Best,

Katie (Assisting Louis)
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old October 18th, 2012, 7:58 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Guardian
Whoa! How can you say something like that on a Chevy Forum?

I test drove a 2012 Expedition and wasn't impressed. The iinstrumentation was a bunch of tiny squares that were hard to see in the daytime. The navigation window was smaller than my cell phone screen!! I owned a 2002 Expedition and enjoyed it, but sadly they have changed. Also, the nav. software in all Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury vehicles (is it still around) does not work. It doesn't work at all in my MKX, well maybe a little.

Nope, I want to get back into a Tahoe, preferably an LTZ, but I'd take an LT with the Z71 package!
I was strictly a GM truck guy until I purchased my 2007 Tahoe. What a piece of junk. To much stuff that should be non wearable items has gone bad. Inside of this thing looks like a 10 year old truck. It is just falling a apart
Old October 18th, 2012, 8:12 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Guardian Welcome to the forum
I'm just up the road here in Austin
Old October 19th, 2012, 3:22 PM
CF Beginner

I am looking at a 2012 LTZ with Nav, rear entertainment, 20" wheels, heated and cooled front bucket seats. It has 2000 miles on it since it was used as a loaner by the dealer. He wants $49,013 not including a USAA $750 discount.

Any opinions on this deal?
Old October 19th, 2012, 3:38 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

I would ask to see any service records they have for it, not just a carfax...
I would make sure your B2B warranty and all other factory ones start at what ever mileage YOU purchase it at, meaning if your tranny goes out at 100300 miles you still have 1700 to go on the warranty...

I would start with about 15-19% off of the sticker to get in a area of what the minimum they will take is.... I got almost 10k off my 07 at this same time in 07, so this late in the year, you should be seeing a pretty deep discount of $10-14k off sticker. They want the 12's off so the 13's have room to show...

Quick Reply: Sad Story - I Traded My '08 Tahoe for '12 MKX!