Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

SBZA affected when Suburban is lifted 6" ??

Search this Thread

Old January 11th, 2018, 4:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SBZA affected when Suburban is lifted 6" ??

I recently lifted my 2013 Suburban LTZ and the SBZA keeps malfunctioning - but quite honestly I'm not sure if it's coincidence of the lift or the nasty rainy weather we are having. If it is the lift, can the computer be adjusted to get the system to work properly with the higher vehicle?
Old January 12th, 2018, 11:35 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had to google that one. Side Blind Zone Alert.

to be honest, I'm surprised the air suspension isn't throwing fits. Usually people go for the LT to lift, as to not have Air issues.

2 things come to mind.
1 in heavy rain, it will often stay 'on' or say it's disabled.... so wait a few days and see if it goes away
2. you raised the height of the vehicle, wish would seriously throw off any sensor that assume's it's between say 8 and 12" off the ground, and now it's 6" higher... it's going to think something is really wrong...

also... PICs please! Somedays I miss my '12 Rubicon on 35s...
Old January 15th, 2018, 1:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sheilasweeney
I recently lifted my 2013 Suburban LTZ and the SBZA keeps malfunctioning - but quite honestly I'm not sure if it's coincidence of the lift or the nasty rainy weather we are having. If it is the lift, can the computer be adjusted to get the system to work properly with the higher vehicle?
Yeah, we had to trick the computer for the air shocks (until the lift spacers arrive)
Attached Thumbnails SBZA affected when Suburban is lifted 6" ??-chevy-.jpg