Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Scosche Bluetooth Installed

Search this Thread

Old October 15th, 2008, 10:24 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Scosche Bluetooth Installed

This system does come with it's own mic. It's your choice (or the installers choice) on where you want to place it. I personally wouldn't put it on the visor. I plan on putting it in the same place as the OnStar mic, right behind the grill panel, nice and stealth. All nice, clean and factory.
Old October 15th, 2008, 10:45 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess that's what I meant to ask... is it like the cheap clip on style or is it the type that mount and look OEM? I would prefer to have it centered so that it picks up others in the car as well. I know my acura is centrally located and it picks up everyone in the car.

Do you have a pic of what the mic looks like?

Old October 15th, 2008, 10:53 AM
CF Senior Member

I don't have a picture of the mic, but if you've seen one, you've seen them all. Even if they're in a housing, I pull it out to streamline it. I'm not even sure I'll use the mic that comes with the unit. I'll test it out first, and if I don't like it I'll put in one of my own that is proven.

You'd have to ask the other kat on this forum that already has his installed for pictures of the mic. I don't think I'll have mine until next week. I might have to wait, but I'm not paying $400 for the unit.
Old October 15th, 2008, 10:58 AM
CF Junior Member

Where is the onstar mic located?
Old October 15th, 2008, 11:13 AM
CF Senior Member

I don't know what type of vehicle you have but the OnStar mic is in the center of the console up near the cabin lights in the front. It's right next to the rear door button. It's behind a little grill.
Old October 15th, 2008, 9:52 PM
CF Beginner

Can't you use the lock pic product for handsfree and use the ipod adapter? I'm new to all of this just trying to figure it all out.
Old October 15th, 2008, 10:00 PM
CF Senior Member

I'm assuming that you're asking if you can use the GM iPodLockPick along with the Blue Fusion adapter. This has been addressed if you read around, and at this point the answer seems to be no that the two will not work with one another.

I'm going to call Scosche tomorrow to see what options we have. It make sense that the headunit can only control one device through the XM input.
Old October 16th, 2008, 11:52 AM
CF Senior Member

I just spoke with a Scosche tech and they confirmed what I said in the above post. It's either one or the other, iPod adapter via the XM or Blue Fusion via XM to the headunit.

Sucks.
Old October 17th, 2008, 3:06 PM
CF Beginner

So my only other option is to use the lockpic with another bluetooth device and then use the ipod adapter. Anyone running this setup?
Old November 19th, 2008, 12:18 AM
CF Senior Member

So I got a unit today, plan on doing the install in the morning. I'm going to put the mic next to the Onstar mic by pulling the Homelink console out and running the wire along the top of the windshield headliner, and down the right pillar. I'll post details of the results, might even put together a little video.

Quick Reply: Scosche Bluetooth Installed