Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Serious upgrading

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 2017, 6:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Serious upgrading

So I've slowly over the weeks torn my interior out for new stereo. Dynamat, closed cell foam, mass loaded vinyl all doors, hatch and wheel wells. Ran 4 gauge wire to new amp and another for inverter in the back. Rear view camera at applique. Wish I never started but hope to finish soon. A few things to mention...
I have new Bilstein shocks, Eibeck stabilizer bars and SSBC 3 piston front brake kit being install Tuesday. I ordered this through Amazon for 350.00. This sells everywhere else for 1150.00!! There are no more available at this price. However...they have the 6 piston caliper kit for 651.00!!! This sells for over 3000.00. Thought I would pass this along to someone here who will get a major score!! I almost bought it to make an easy few hundred, but I thought I would give some help to peeps on here, for their help to me.
Finally, the vehicle seems to have rough idle after warming up. It's been gone through at dealer with all fluids plugs, wires and filters replaced. Any advice for what the problem may be. And one last thing..is the Black Bead tune worth the investment?
Thanks,
Mike
BTW.. kit is SSBC A126-52 V6. This is sold though Amazon, not third party. Opened mine up and it's the real deal👍👍
Old May 12th, 2017, 12:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snooze you lose

Well I take it nobody took up my offered notion. I checked amazon today as I was going to purchase 6 piston calipers and sell on craigslist to make an easy 200 bucks. They're back up to 3000.00. After picking up suburban yesterday with new shocks, sway bars and 3 piston brakes, this stops and handles better than my wifes 2015. Now need to finish stereo install and save up for 22" wheels/tires and Im there finally. Again, anyone benefit with the Black Bear tune? MPG? Performance?