Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Service 4wd 08 suburban

Old January 16th, 2018, 5:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service 4wd 08 suburban

I have an 08 suburban z71 5.3 and it keeps throwing a c0374 she you try to use the 4wd. Up until 07 it was a bad wiring harness but in 08+ it means that the general system temperature is too high. But it will do it as soon as you start it and take off in the snow and it gets pressure put to it. If anyone has run into this before let me know what you did to fix it. I've searched it and couldn't find anything.
Old January 17th, 2018, 1:11 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has the transfer case fluid been changed within the last 50,000 miles? If not best to have it changed.
Old November 20th, 2018, 8:18 PM
CF Beginner

Default Ok it's been a while.

So not long after i initially posted this ( apparently with a dif username since I couldn't get logged back in) the afm screwed up and a lifter collapsed and I ended up rebuilding the motor deleting the afm. So now I am back tryin to get the 4wd working again. I changed the tranfercase fluid and there was a decent amount of fine metal particles stuff the drain plug. And the fluid was dark. I messed round with it and got it to kick the service 4wd again with the new fluid. I'm not sure whether I just need to try driving it a bit to circulate the fluid or if I need to remove a sensor or what. Any help would be appreciated.

Old December 2nd, 2018, 3:43 PM
CF Beginner

Default .

Any ideas?

Search this Thread