Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Service Stabillitrack, Traction Control and Engne power reduced

Search this Thread

Old March 10th, 2017, 11:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service Stabillitrack, Traction Control and Engne power reduced

I was driving home on highway when all three warnings came on. Engine power was reduced, the truck was running roughly and when I pulled into a neighbours to try to reset, the engine is surging. The warnings are: "Service StabiliTrak", StabiliTrak iturned off", Traction Control off" and "Engine Power Reduced". I will contact my service provider tomorrow but worried about driving it back to town for service (about 15 miles/25 kms) Is there anything I can do meanwhile to ensure I am safe if I have to drive it?
I have a 2011 Silverado 1500, and the temperatures have been consitently -15 to -30 C over the last few days. Truck is due for an oil change and was to go in Monday.

Last edited by JrCanuckFan; March 10th, 2017 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Include more information
Old December 3rd, 2019, 4:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 2014 GMC Yukon loss of power, stabilitrack, traction control...blah, blah

....a little over a year ago I purchased a 2014 GMC Yukon XL SLT,

It’s been a great car and has 96k miles on it. A week ago my wife was driving when all of a sudden she had a severe loss of power with the check engine light coming on along along with the stabilitrac light and traction control light. Mechanic said its showing an error code in cylinder 7. We took it to our local mechanic and we/they can not find the problem and I feel like we’re going down a rabbit hole. We have done the following trying to chase the problem:

- new spark plugs and wires
- new fuel injector on #7
- they tested the engine to make sure cylinder is working properly and engine pressure (all is good)

.....they said that the spark plug doesn’t look like it’s getting fuel (but it is sparking). They now feel that the problem leans towards electrical (wiring harness?). The mechanics said they need some time to review electrical diagrams to try and trace it back.

I’ve spent hours reading posts online and it seems like it’s a reoccurring problem.

Some things that have been recommended:

- ground wires (damaged or loose)
- check fuse tied to fuel injector
- air intake crack
- bad wiring harness
- mass air flow sensor
- injector receiving the right power, fuse?
- AFM lifter
- airflow sensor
- reset the PCM
- one of the banks on the air/o2 sensor

Any thoughts.....I'm extremely frustrated.