Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

she's come undone.

Search this Thread

Old June 19th, 2012, 2:41 PM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default she's come undone.

OK, so I was dilly dallying today in the Sub. Removing the vinyl bench seat and Installing the split bench seats I got from the junkyard back in April. Removing and replacing the defective master cylinder I got from Autozone that I put on last year.

I am losing coolant. I have green stains on the intake so I guess this is the intake manifold gasket you guys made so much mention of on the 350. How long is a job like this? 4 hours?
Old June 19th, 2012, 4:06 PM
CF Monarch

Received 354 Likes on 335 Posts

Always leave more time to do a job than you think it will take, especially the first time you do a job. This way you won't be disappointed. Everybody works at a different pace. I have seen this many times with the guys I work with. One could take 2 hours to do a job and the next guy could take 4 hours to do the same job. Take your time and do it right the first time.
Old June 19th, 2012, 4:26 PM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

yea, for sure, I work slow but seldom have comebacks related to my work. Quality of the part is another issue.

I figure I will do the head gasket while I m in there. Wish I had enough $$ right now for custom exhaust manifold or some other quick beefy thing I could put in a 350. But this boy's tuition is killing me.

I m going to run out to the junkyard next week and I want to see if there is a 454 for the van or some big block Cadillac/Oldsmobile motor I can find for an Olds project I wanna do. Maybe I can find a donor 350 for my grandpa's 1973 GMC Sierra. I need something interesting.