Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Show Your "Grillez" Here!

Search this Thread

Old January 15th, 2008, 6:42 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Show Your "Grillez" Here!

We have a post with everyone showing their tahoes off! However, I just bought another Tahoe and am searching for the right grille as it is one of the first mods that everyone wants to do. I know that there are a million different grilles out there so this thread should help myself and everyone else with their grille search. We all want to see what different ones are available, what they look like on certain colors, brand names, prices, etc. SO lets start a thread that is simply pictures of your Grilles! Nothing else just grilles.

Please provide the following info if you dont mind sharing!

1. Grille Brand/Name/Model
2.Where it was purchased
3. Purchase price
4. Comments/Issues/Opinions

I would start by showing mine but I dont have a picture and I only have the stock black one. Once I make decision I will then edit this post and upload the photo. Lets make this interesting and get a lot of pictures of only grilles for myself and future Tahoe owners who will be searching for a new grille in the future.
Old January 15th, 2008, 6:48 PM
CF Veteran

Default RE: Show Your "Grillez" Here!

Streetscene Speed grille in polished Stainless (I live in rust belt)Shiney as chrome.
Got mine from Stylin'conceptswith free shipping on sale for $169 shipped.

Love mine-would buy again

See my gallery for more pics

click for larger
[IMG]local://upfiles/3763/A7AB488A7907417DBB8916366BA51662.jpg[/IMG]
Old January 15th, 2008, 9:50 PM
Administrator

Received 159 Likes on 157 Posts

Autopartsgallery on ebay. $88 about two years ago. Seen it a lot cheaper since. []

If I remember right, you went thru a lot of angst on this same issue before.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1622/C28830DF552B432487E73EEF4243793B.jpg[/IMG]
Old January 15th, 2008, 9:54 PM
CF Addict

Yep, went through 3 different grilles. The same one twice (kept it the second time), the one you have, and the one tahoe 07 has. HOwever, I am sure there are a lot more available since my 8 month departure.

So keep the pictures coming, this thread should have tons of pictures as most everyone has done something to their grille.
Old January 15th, 2008, 10:28 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Purchased off Ebay
Ravespeed
65.00 shipped 45.00 for Grille and 20.00 shipping.
Just installed last week....high polish...would buy again.

Hides the First Responder LED's well when they are not on

[IMG]local://upfiles/13214/53E1214AB7A74A06AB94A8510CAE0B14.jpg[/IMG]
Old January 16th, 2008, 10:12 AM
CF Active Member

I am NOT handy with tools and shy away from doing anything to my truck that I could mess up and have to spend more money to have someone else fix. How easy is a grille upgrade? Which one is the easiest to do regardless of whether or not it's THE best one? TIA

AAHTahoe
Old January 16th, 2008, 11:05 AM
CF Junior Member

They all install pretty much the same way...the easiest grill to install is the bolt-over design. There are 2 screws per section of grill that slide in from the front to the back. Then you have 2 brackets that you slide onto the back of the stock grillthrough the easy accessopening in thecenter sectionof the grill. Snug the bolts onto the screws and its on. Should take 30 min tops. Thats about the best way I know to describe putting them on. (if it makes since) Really an easy add-on that makes the front endstand out.
Old January 16th, 2008, 12:03 PM
CF Junior Member

73shark.....have u found any tow hitch covers that match ur grill?
Old January 16th, 2008, 12:31 PM
CF Active Member

I have the stock chrome LTZ grille which came with my LTZ. After reading some other posts, I believe this grill runs around $200 on ebay or various GM parts websites. I think installation is fairly simple to replace standard black grille with this one.

Absolutely love the look of the grille, but I do have one complaint. I live in Colorado where the roads are full of mag-chloride about 6 months out of the year and this stuff has rust spotted my 2nd consecutive grille (original was replaced by dealer last spring due to same issue). It could have something to due with the fact that this grille is 'plastic' chrome plated, but I have yet to find a non-abrasive polish that removes these copper colored rust spots. I have the same problem with my wife's vehicle with plastic chrome plated wheels. Any ideas to get them cleaned off?

Old January 16th, 2008, 2:48 PM
CF Active Member

ORIGINAL: ncfr2544

They all install pretty much the same way...the easiest grill to install is the bolt-over design. There are 2 screws per section of grill that slide in from the front to the back. Then you have 2 brackets that you slide onto the back of the stock grillthrough the easy accessopening in thecenter sectionof the grill. Snug the bolts onto the screws and its on. Should take 30 min tops. Thats about the best way I know to describe putting them on. (if it makes since) Really an easy add-on that makes the front endstand out.
Thanks for the info. Do you have any info on where I can find grills that install this way and prices?

Quick Reply: Show Your "Grillez" Here!