Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Shut down on interstate

Search this Thread

Old August 18th, 2015, 6:31 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Shut down on interstate

I had just pulled onto the interstate and got to speed. Put on the cruise control for about 5 sec. It came out of cruse and the engine went dead. It would not start, a $97.75 tow bill. Called the local chevy dealership and the said it was the ABS control module. ( they do not make ABS control module for the 97 Tahoe anymore) so went to junk yard and got one. Still will not start ! Every thing I checked except for the fuel pump,and relays. Turns over just fine.
Does anyone know where all the relays are on a '97 Tahoe LT are located ? Raining here so can not work on it. Thanks for the help.

Update:
Done some more checking. Not getting fire to spark plugs or coil, no sound from fuel pump, when switch turned on, relay did not vibrate or buzz. Put fuel directly into throttle body. Still no start. Went to Auto Zone borrowed a code reader. It would not link up, so it looks like ECM Is burnt out (CPU). Ordered one will be in on 8/24 or 8/25. Will let every one know if that fixed

Final update:
Got ECM in ( installed it ). turned ignition switch thought I heard something pop (checked fuses) Ecm fuse 1 blown it said it required a 20 amp fuse. Did not have one so I put a 30 amp in. Turned switch on and heard it pop right away. Went checking wires found one with insulation burnt of and arcing on manifold. Taped it up and tie wired it so it could not fall on to it again. Every thing is running great now.

Last edited by warf1955; August 30th, 2015 at 9:56 PM. Reason: update