Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Size grounding wire hex for fuel pump?

Search this Thread

Old July 15th, 2019, 4:17 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Size grounding wire hex for fuel pump?

1997 Suburban k1500 5.7 L:

I have been struggling to fit both English and Metric hex sockets over the grounding screw that grounds the fuel pump to the cross frame beam .
Seems like 15mm is close , 5/8 is close.
What works for you folks?

What size hex for fuel pump grounding screw?
Old July 16th, 2019, 7:00 AM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

Looks like it is pretty rusty and may have had some rust away making it a bit smaller. I would use vise grips or a drill as a last resort and replace the bolt.
Old July 16th, 2019, 7:53 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts

Sure looks to me that the wire connector is in the way of getting a socket onto that hex head. I'd pry that connector away from that grounding bolt to get clearance.
Since you say that it's a grounding wire for the electric fuel pump, couldn't you just cut that wire and ground it somewhere else? What's under that electrical tape - perhaps someone before you already simply cut that wire and then did a "repair" under the tape.

Seems to me that my 1994 Suburban was "mostly" metric, but there were still a few "standard" size nuts and bolts remaining.