Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

So. Now that a mini ice age is upon us...

Search this Thread

Old July 17th, 2015, 8:56 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DB
Originally Posted by JCUMV
I have no idea what you're talking about. I have in southern Cal where we haven't seen any harsh weather or rain in over 5 years! Not happy about seeing my water bill go up every month either.

At first, I thought this title was a joke, but then I remembered how bad the winters have been for everywhere else. Good luck.
Welcome to the party pal....j/k

Recent internet threads claim that a mini ice age may be coming. The feeling is
That the sun is going to become quiet after 2020 or so and by 2030 temperatures could decline 20 degrees F. Some people here prep their trucks for inclement weather. This thread is simply asking, how do people prepare their vehicles for severe snow and winter use.

I use a winter blade for the wipers, also a winter blend of washer fluid. I use a higher cca battery and all terrain tire. I equip my trucks with engine warmers and would do the dual battery set up if it was a dealer option. I equipped my tahoes and suburbans with limited slip differentials and a fully synthetic oil before they became a standard.

I been in the trucks in northern New Hampshire in February. Temps well below zero. It was amazing to see how the behavior of the truck changes. Wiper fluid freezing on the windshield. The steering making all kinds of sound. Changes in ride & tire pressure etc.

The question is what do others do?

Last edited by blueinterceptor; July 17th, 2015 at 10:14 PM.
Old July 18th, 2015, 12:20 PM
CF Beginner

These, of course: 150 Series - Chevy Suburban

Sadly, my girfriend does not approve until there actually is a new iceage. So, everybody, pitch in and leave the freezer door open!
Old July 18th, 2015, 11:13 PM
CF Senior Member

Now that's interesting