Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Solution for vibration found

Search this Thread

Old November 22nd, 2010, 12:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Solution for vibration found

I put up a couple of posts here asking for help with a vibration when in drive and stopped. I finally got it fixed. It turned out to be the engine mounts after all. Even though 5 different people had looked at them over time and said visually they did not look bad and even though the engine did not buckle, they were not working properly. They were not isolating engine vibration. I had new ones put in and it's not running very smoothly. Many people suspected and it was suggested on here that it could be the mounts, but mechanics kept telling me they were good.

In trying to solve that vibration problem, a Chevy tech at the dealer tried increasing the RPMs at idle by adjusting the screw on the throttle mount. It's never seemed quite the same since in that it seems to run at higher RPMs when cold than I remember and also runs at around 600-650 when in neutral at any temperature. Is there anywhere I can find factory spec idle speeds under different conditions, like when it's cold, when warm, in drive and in neutral. I recall that before it ran at about 500-550 under almost any condtions and now it's up at 600-700 under certain conditions. It would be nice to have the information of what is normal for a 99 Chevy Tahoe.