Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe's huge tail lights- solution.

Search this Thread

Old March 22nd, 2006, 11:22 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 tahoe's huge tail lights- solution.

The new 2007 Tahoe is pretty fugly in the back, or just fat looking, I have phtoshopped a couple pictures to show what the Tahoe would look like with less enormous tail lights. The back looks much better, less gluttonous.

See them here: http://chevy2007.blogspot.com/

Please tell me what you think!

Thanks!

-Alan
Old March 23rd, 2006, 11:16 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: 2007 tahoe's huge tail lights- solution.

so... um.. does anyone agree? disagree? people? please? :>(
Old March 31st, 2006, 1:11 AM
CF Junior Member

I like it, and I agree. The question is, how would we pull this off?
Old April 2nd, 2006, 1:09 AM
CF Beginner

One way would be to put on a color coded light coverer thing see http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/im...ght_Covers.jpg except just on the bottom say 3 inches of the light.

I don't know, but I dont think there are any lights down at the bottom- just red plastic. I already sent Chevy my idea but got no response. I'm assuming that they will only do something if hundreds of people all start saying the same thing, which is not likely to happen. (i wish)

Odds are they aren't going to change it. It looks fine on the other cars with the same fram/etc (avalanche escalade, yukon, more?) The only chance would be this thread getting a lot of attention, which doesn't seem to be hppening.

well thanks for the comment rofl.
Old April 2nd, 2006, 6:57 AM
CF Junior Member

Yeah, the Tahoe section seems to be kinda slow.

I ordered a custom grill and chrome bow-tie for my '07 from streetbeatcustoms. Now I'm hoping JL will come out with a stealthbox for the new Tahoe's soon. Maybe someone will take your idea and run with it- no doubt installation would be a snap. I'd buy a set.

Old April 2nd, 2006, 3:12 PM
CF Beginner

I think I might just send an email to streetbeatcustoms. Also, when you get those customizations done, post them somewhere! It sounds awesome, I havent seen any customed 07s as of yet.

Old April 2nd, 2006, 9:02 PM
CF Junior Member

No problem, I'll probably reformat my old car domain page for my old Armada for the Tahoe. I'm not going all out with the Tahoe with the mods- it's just about perfect as is! A couple of things though- I am thinking about a double-din navigation/DVD system along with the JL stealthbox. The stock Bose system needs a little "bump"- otherwise it sounds pretty good. It doesn't get terribly loud, but even at 10 it doesn't distort like stock car systems usually do.

What color is yours? We ended up with the sport red. I wanted a black one with ebony cloth, but the closest one was in Houston (about 2 hours) and I didn't feel like driving that far. Our local dealership did us right. So far my only issue is a door rattle, but no biggie. I'll take one simple rattle after the 9,999 ones in my old Nissan.
Old April 3rd, 2006, 3:27 AM
CF Beginner

I actually have a 2005 Z71. (but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna get a new Tahoe in the future! lol.) Its.. forget the color name... just like the 2007 I had on the blog.

Damn, I didnt know they made sport red! I don't think we have one like that at my local dealership. I was thinking of getting a black one also. But then again black ones get dirty as hell.

Good luck with it.

Old September 30th, 2006, 2:24 AM
CF Beginner

How about swapping tahoe tail lights for LED escalade lights? Looks like Caddy tail lights be same fit? Any GM parts guys out there? Where can I get Caddy tailights?
Old October 1st, 2006, 12:26 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was thinking of doing the same, a buddy of mine that sells Caddy's said I couldn't do it for some reason. I'm guessing ZX might be able to shed some light on this.

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe's huge tail lights- solution.