Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Some POS stole one of my center caps

Search this Thread

Old October 7th, 2013, 10:03 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Some POS stole one of my center caps

07 LTZ burb with stock 20's and i get out this morning to notice that one of my caps is missing. I hate scum! I wouldv'e mopped the floor with them would i have caught them!! Is it really that necessary to take from good people? why not go to the stealership and do that? they can easily replace things like that. now i gotta go spend $50 for a stupid piece of plastic! ARGGGGG!!!!
Old October 25th, 2013, 11:17 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've also got a center cap missing on my ride...but I just purchased the vehicle last week,and it came that way. I found new ones for around $25 on ebay.
Old October 26th, 2013, 8:24 AM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Sure enough EBay has them Chevy Center Caps 20 | eBay

I also checked Amazon, didn't find the caps but found the entire set (4) with caps (no bowtie sticker) in the polished chrome, they look sweet!
20 inch chrome Chevy Silverado Suburban Tahoe Avalanche truck Wheels Rims : Amazon.com : Automotive 20 inch chrome Chevy Silverado Suburban Tahoe Avalanche truck Wheels Rims : Amazon.com : Automotive
Old October 26th, 2013, 1:45 PM
CF Senior Member

thanks fellas just picked one up for $15
Old October 26th, 2013, 7:45 PM
CF Junior Member

Glad to hear you got a good resolution.

I'm thinking about finding some "stock" wheels that do not require a center cap at a junkyard, Craigslist or ebay. Even more so after I did something stupid today. I cleaned the inside of one wheel with Carb-out carburetor cleaner. It ran to the outside and stripped the paint off...so I now have some white spots on one of my wheels. I may just find one more and use the "bad" one as a spare instead of the steel spare.

Don't use Carb cleaner on aluminum wheels!
Old October 27th, 2013, 9:00 AM
CF Senior Member

yeah it's just the point and hassle. a few months ago a buddy went on vacation and left his 09 maxima parked for a week. it's the sport version with 19's on it. only to come back and find all four wheels missing and of course the car was laying on the rotors because the idiots used milk crates to hold it up. smh. i know sh/t happens but around me it's a little too often
Old October 27th, 2013, 9:23 AM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by trainwreck91
yeah it's just the point and hassle. a few months ago a buddy went on vacation and left his 09 maxima parked for a week. it's the sport version with 19's on it. only to come back and find all four wheels missing and of course the car was laying on the rotors because the idiots used milk crates to hold it up. smh. i know sh/t happens but around me it's a little too often
had to chuckle a bit... as the situation kinda goes with the screen name...trainwreck
Old October 28th, 2013, 5:47 PM
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by in2pro
had to chuckle a bit... as the situation kinda goes with the screen name...trainwreck
yeah, been through a lot in my young life. went on an interview and was called a trainwreck because of my background. so it kinda stuck

i could've easily repaid the favor to someone else but i'm trying to walk a righteous path-learned a lot of hard lessons
Old October 29th, 2013, 7:56 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by trainwreck91
yeah, been through a lot in my young life. went on an interview and was called a trainwreck because of my background. so it kinda stuck

i could've easily repaid the favor to someone else but i'm trying to walk a righteous path-learned a lot of hard lessons
Taking the higher road, the path less travelled, may be a little harder but has much better dividends! Keep it up, one little thing at a time! If you fall, pick yourself back up and keep going in the correct direction.
Old October 30th, 2013, 10:36 PM
CF Senior Member

thanks warthog. i feel like I'm on the right road