Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

something weird happened today?!

Search this Thread

Old September 8th, 2010, 6:24 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default something weird happened today?!

hey everyone. so i was driving today in my 2010 Tahoe and i was being a little rough o test out the new exhaust. all of the sudden my head unit shuts off and stops playing music and the on star phone starts ringing like i am making a call but i didn't do that it happened on its own. it was a number i don't recognize. so i hit the button to hang up, and it happened again. and then once more. one time a lady picked up and said hello but i hit the button right after and hung up before i could ask who she was. then she didn't answer lol! was it maby just her calling and had the wrong number and called my truck? and BTW the head-unit is aftermarket and always shuts off when im on the phone or with on star. so that is normal. whudddaya think?!
Old September 8th, 2010, 7:06 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmmm, you should ask her for name and send pic of her
Old September 8th, 2010, 11:46 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

The factory unit also turns the radio down and the fan down when making or receiving calls.
Old September 9th, 2010, 8:09 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default new

when I got my 09 tahoe they gave me like 100 minutes for a year or whatever (yea, like anyone with ANY car, let alone a $50,000+ one) doesn't have their OWN cell phone... but anyway

I kept getting calls on my onstar phone... i'd answer like 'WHAT THE F_ you want" or "halow, no hablo englace" or "si, senorita" (if it was a man) lol... i just had a lot of fun with it... damned if I cared who it was... they called ME at a number I didn't even know I had!

Eventually I got so annoyed by it I bitched at On(death)Star, who added 10 minutes that would expire at the end of the month, so finally now, I don't get any calls.

911 is a free call, so I'd hope I could still call that with 0 minutes, else, after I recovered, the person who designed it would need 911.