Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Speaker whine and buzz Bose system???

Search this Thread

Old October 10th, 2019, 6:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaker whine

Originally Posted by Josh Conrad

I have a 2005 GMC Sierra extended cab with the same noise problem. I have read this whole thread and everyone is saying replace or clean the rear radio control and it fixes it. Well I don’t have the back radio control in my extended cab. What is causing my problem then?
I've been having the same problem since I installed my aftermarket radio, got all the right harnesses. It's a steady constant whine gets louder when accelerating but not when you turn up the volume. Other than the whine at low volume it sounds excellent. I've read the whole forum, im going to try cleaning the 32 pin in the console but have no rear controls at all. 03 Silverado. Any other help would be greatly appreciated thanks
Old October 17th, 2019, 8:13 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Caseyace
Have had the same whine noise since I bought my truck (07 Tahoe). Pulled the back radio control and noticed bare wires on both connections. Haven't got around to cleaning the 32 pin or wrapping these wires, but I suspect this is the issue. Anyone else notice this?
The bare wires are probably ground wires used to keep the noise level down on the cables. They should be connected to ground on one end only to avoid ground loops.
Old March 13th, 2020, 6:13 PM
CF Beginner

Default Can't thank this forum enough

I have had a noise issue with my 2003 duramax 2500HD crew cab ever since I owned it. The noise issue for me is not a whine it is all the speakers start to crackle and pop as I increase speed. It starts at about 55mph and Anything past 65mph is almost unbearable for any length of time.
​​​​ I will confirm the rear stereo control is the problem! I removed it and problem disappears. After plugging in and out repeatedly the problem goes away.
This problem has been driving me crazy for years. I have disconnected and removed/replaced just about everything in my truck over the years and nothing until today has even remotely effected the noise.
I now have 394,000 miles on my truck and cannot be happier. So very thankful.

Best regards to all those who posted.