Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

The state inspection computer wont read RPM on my 2002 Taho

Search this Thread

Old October 2nd, 2018, 10:13 AM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The state inspection computer wont read RPM on my 2002 Taho

Passed inspection and when the tech hooks up the computer to read for the State , no rpm is detected. The fuse is good .just wont recognize the truck .
Old October 8th, 2018, 8:19 AM
CF Active Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm a home mechanic and you should confirm the following, but there are speed sensors on the engine and trans that send info to the computer. But a faulty speed sensor should result in a check engine light coming on. Another guess is that your speedometer cluster may be faulty, and rpm is not being sent to the OBD port. I have an '01 Suburban with 235K and have had a fair share of problems, but not like yours, so my only experience is what I have read on the subject. I make my own repairs when I can, but anything in the dash is off limits in my garage. Hopefully this info narrows it down for you.
Old October 8th, 2018, 10:27 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And a possibility,the glitch is on their end,to rule that out,hook up a reader at a parts store,ask them to scroll down to rpm