Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 22nd, 2015, 2:16 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Towing and Hauling
Print Wikipost

Sub Install?

Search this Thread

Old March 7th, 2007, 8:07 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sub Install?

Anyone install a new sub in the center console area? I was considering a JL stealth box, but I'm concerned I may have to give up my rear audio controls. Also, anyone ever swapped out the sub in a stealth box for anything else?
Old March 7th, 2007, 8:54 PM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: Sub Install?

get a seald box in the back you will not like the center console.
Old March 7th, 2007, 10:36 PM
CF Active Member

I have my 3rd row seats in a majority of the time, I have golf clubs in there quite a bit, right now I always have ski gear in there, as well as a fairly large dog on occassion who likes to chew on stuff. So the back is pretty much out. I'm not worried about a ton of bass, just enough to know its there. I don't mind it being in the center console at al.
Old March 8th, 2007, 2:43 PM
CF Junior Member

How can you say that he will not like the center console subwoofer? The fact is, for the use of space and overall sound quality for the typical Tahoe owner, a subwoofer in the center console is an excellent choice. Adding a subwoofer to the center console is the ideal way to acheive "up front bass". Having a subwoofer in the rear of this vehicle, for most owners, is more of a pain in the butt than it is a benefit. There is very limited space in the rear especially if you use your rear seats.
JL Audio's Stealthbox sounds pretty good and will allow you to continue using your rear AC/audio controls. It provides ample bass for most and does not take up any usable space.
The subwoofer enclosure that is nearly finished for my Tahoe (now Avalanche) provides more air space and the ability to port the enclosure for more output. I have a friend locally who builds stealth like enclosures and this one is almost ready. They are designed to work mostly with JL subs (the W3 instead of JL's Stealthbox which uses a small sealed enclosure for a W1), provide more output and better sound quality at about the same price as the JL.
I'll post pics early next week once it is finished.
Old March 8th, 2007, 8:17 PM
CF Active Member

Great....let me know...perhaps you can sucker him into building me one as well, lol
Old March 8th, 2007, 8:26 PM
CF Junior Member

Once this first one is completed and we are completely happy with it he will begin selling them. They are all built from a fiberglass mold. I'm sure he will want to become a site sponsor and will offer some group buys. He sells a lot of the G35 coupe and sedan enclosures. Here's the link:

http://www.4080enclosures.com/default.asp

I'll will let everyone know on the progress.
Old March 9th, 2007, 3:02 PM
CF Active Member

tjmorgan,
Definitely keep us updated, I'd for sure be interested in buying a stealth box, I use my 3rd row seat alot on my 07 Tahoe, so it doesn't leave to much space to work with in the back.
Thank you,
Jay