Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Sub Woofer Set Up???

Search this Thread

Old January 29th, 2007 | 10:47 PM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: Sub Woofer Set Up???

ORIGINAL: davemec

Thanks for the pictures. It looks good. So you hid the amp where the jack is. Were you able to leave the jack in there?
yes i was able to leave the jack in there.
Old January 30th, 2007 | 10:56 PM
CF Junior Member

hey biglg, i haven't had time to call my shop but as soon as i get a chance i will or i can just give you the number which ever one you want me to do? sorry i have busy with work.
Old February 27th, 2007 | 4:38 AM
CF Beginner

1hot650r Im just curios but what kind of mtx's do you have? im guessing they need 1 cubic feet to 1.5 ( depending on how high end you went.) Also, just an after thought, if you point the subs backward, you get a fuller sound and it might even be louder. Im guessing they ( the sterio shop) built it to only fit one way by the picks, but its hard to tell.
Im going way crazy on my set up.....
Old February 28th, 2007 | 12:46 AM
CF Junior Member

ORIGINAL: kayos

1hot650r Im just curios but what kind of mtx's do you have? im guessing they need 1 cubic feet to 1.5 ( depending on how high end you went.) Also, just an after thought, if you point the subs backward, you get a fuller sound and it might even be louder. Im guessing they ( the sterio shop) built it to only fit one way by the picks, but its hard to tell.
Im going way crazy on my set up.....
no the sub can be pointed both ways and the sterio shop said they would hit harder if they point the way they are.
Old February 28th, 2007 | 11:30 PM
CF Beginner

Has anyone tried to build a custom downfiring box in between the 2nd row buckets that is what I am planning on doing....
Old March 2nd, 2007 | 5:26 PM
CF Active Member

Well, I just changed out my 12" Kicker CVR for a Rockford Fosgate Punch P3, on the same custom box i had built to fit behind the 3rd row. The base is alot smoother.
Old March 2nd, 2007 | 7:45 PM
CF Active Member

Here are a couple of pictures. The old kicker and the new Rofkford Fosgate.
Old
[IMG][/IMG]
New
[IMG][/IMG]
Old March 3rd, 2007 | 2:01 PM
CF Junior Member

I have a good friend here in Houston that builds custom "Stealth-Like" subwoofer enclosures. He actually manufacturers them from fiberglass molds very similar to the way JL Audio builds their Stealthbox. He has had the console from my Tahoe for some time for mocking, tuning and adjusting and he is almost done with the enclosure. What is different about this enclosure from the JL is that it will be a downfiring 10" ported enclusure that will require no cutting or modifications. It actually takes the place of the entire inner structure of the console and the outer shell bolts right to it. It slightly reduces the amount of storage down to what you get in an Avalanche that has the rear AC going through the console.
I will post some pictures and info late next week when it is complete. He builds and sells a ton of Infinity G35 and Mazda RX8 enclosures right now. The Tahoe/Suburban/Avalanche/Silverado box should be available in 1-2 months.
Here's the link:

http://www.4080enclosures.com/default.asp
Old March 3rd, 2007 | 2:36 PM
Administrator

Maybe I missed it in an earlier post but was wondering what is the enclosure that the sunvisors are mounted to?
Old March 3rd, 2007 | 2:52 PM
CF Senior Member

good eye 73 i was wondering the same thing ???????????????????????????

Quick Reply: Sub Woofer Set Up???