Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Suburban 2008 C1500 LY5 5.3 sporadic problem, engine shut down

Search this Thread

Old November 13th, 2018, 12:22 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Suburban 2008 C1500 LY5 5.3 sporadic problem, engine shut down

Hello,

Nice to meet this great forum! Sorry for my bad English, I am from Central America and it is not my language.

I searched before posting this, but, can't find relevant info about my problem.

Ok, I have a workshop, and a customer come to me with a Suburban 2008 C1500 5.3 LY5... the customer said that the vehicle has a sporadic problem:

He is using the Sub for some days and suddenly the engine hesitates and shut down, and don't start again for a while, some minutes later the engine starts again and he can continue his way.

He told me that the car runs fine for some days, even weeks, and suddenly fails the same way.

I have the car with me for about week and a half. but I can't find any fail with it.

I have a GM specific diagnostic tool, but everything is ok, no DTCs, no data stored, fuel pressure, rpm signal, control modules voltage, oil pressure, spark plugs, coils, air sensors, pump flow, electric harness, etc., I checked everything possible, but the readings are ok.

In another workshop, they said that the problem is with the Fuel Pump Control Module, and suggested change the whole system, FPCM, Pressure Sensor, Fuel Pump, etc. But I don't think it is the cause because the problem is so sporadic.

Some ideas about this? The customer is affraid that the car gone bad.

Thanks!

Last edited by CharlieGT; November 13th, 2018 at 12:24 PM. Reason: corrections
Old November 15th, 2018, 5:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody?