Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Suburban hood spring

Search this Thread

Old February 24th, 2017, 5:58 PM
Fee
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suburban hood spring

Somehow one of the spiral springs on my hood hinges popped off. Is there a safe way to reinstall it. The vehicle is a 2002 Suburban
Old February 25th, 2017, 11:29 AM
CF Monarch

Received 345 Likes on 326 Posts

Did the end break off? Strange for one to just pop off..
Old February 26th, 2017, 9:33 AM
Fee
CF Beginner

No, everything seems to be there. I had a break job done and somehow it was off when I got it back. Of course they "knew nothing about it". Which they certainly must have since the hood will fall down on you without having both hinges working. Meaning of course that the guy couldn't figure out how to get it back on. There's no way a person can pull the spring 3/4 of the way around by hand but there must be some method........ ?
Old March 1st, 2017, 10:02 AM
Fee
CF Beginner

Nobody ? Hundreds of youtube videos on the subject but not one about this type of spring. Am I going to have to buy a spring & hinge already assembled and then search for the videos of how to install that safely ? Normally on these forums this would be the point at which twenty guys chime in with info like "I don't know about that but my uncle had a Studebaker that was green". Oh well, I guess better to get no reply than the silly stuff.