Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Tahoe emblems

Search this Thread

Old January 2nd, 2007, 6:02 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tahoe emblems

Also, however tempting it may be, don't use your fingernails to get off the gunk. I used goo gone and just used my fingers to push it off. Use a hairdryer during to warm it up. Afterwords, maybe use some swirl mark remover on it. I used Poorboys SSR1. All are now gone and the rear emblem was shaved. Thanks to the wifey for driving over some metal and scratching the door, I had the shop shave it up at the same time.[/align][/align]Just ordered the 2/3 McGaughys today, I can't wait. Slammed, yours looks awesome. [/align]
Old January 2nd, 2007, 6:05 PM
CF Junior Member

Thanks Frey.

It is noticeably more firm, but not offensively so. It is definitely softer than my old Silv SS, which was down 3/4. Body roll is greatly reduced, but don't let anyone tell you that it now handles like a sportscar. That said, I'm pleased.
Old January 2nd, 2007, 6:17 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: freyguy

Also, however tempting it may be, don't use your fingernails to get off the gunk. I used goo gone and just used my fingers to push it off. Use a hairdryer during to warm it up. Afterwords, maybe use some swirl mark remover on it. I used Poorboys SSR1. All are now gone and the rear emblem was shaved. Thanks to the wifey for driving over some metal and scratching the door, I had the shop shave it up at the same time.[/align][/align]Just ordered the 2/3 McGaughys today, I can't wait. Slammed, yours looks awesome. [/align]
Freyguy,
Where did you get the McGaughy's? How Much? I ordered the Eibach today from autoanything. I got it for 10% off, it was a total of $245 shipped! I know eibach is cheaper than McGaughy's (cheaper, but better than McGaughy's), I just wanted to let others know what it cost!
Old January 6th, 2007, 12:18 AM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

A lot of folks just removed the gold part of the rear bow tie which leaves a chrome bow tie.
Old January 6th, 2007, 12:20 AM
CF Veteran

I like this look or painted center. Both are cheap mods

If anyone successfully removes the rear gold without breaking it, I'd love to get it.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3763/881BF9A781DA4237B3C3C42ED10AEF4A.jpg[/IMG]
Old January 6th, 2007, 12:30 AM
CF Addict

HAHAHA, if somone got the rear bowtie off without breaking it they probably used enough heat it melted the dash! Damn that thing was a BIAAATCH to get off! I broke mine in about 100 pieces.
Old January 6th, 2007, 12:41 AM
CF Veteran

I don't feel bad then.I only got two![sm=happy046.gif]
Old January 6th, 2007, 2:15 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: tahoe07

I like this look or painted center. Both are cheap mods

If anyone successfully removes the rear gold without breaking it, I'd love to get it.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3763/881BF9A781DA4237B3C3C42ED10AEF4A.jpg[/IMG]
Does the rear Bow tie need to be heated as well before removing or can I just pull on it? Thanks
Old January 6th, 2007, 5:05 AM
CF Active Member

ORIGINAL: engine2

Does the rear Bow tie need to be heated as well before removing or can I just pull on it? Thanks
To answer your question. If you want the rear bowtie in one piece, you should definately heat it up with a blow dryer or something before trying to remove it. It will make the removal much easier and will greatly increase your chance of keeping your bowtie in one piece.
Old January 6th, 2007, 9:54 AM
CF Addict

As I mentioned, I dont think there is enough heat out there to get it off in one piece! If you get it off in one piece please let us know the secret!

Quick Reply: Tahoe emblems