Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Tahoe emblems

Search this Thread

Old January 7th, 2007, 12:57 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Tahoe emblems

Yes, the picture above of tahoe07 and then engine2 copied it, that is how it will look on the "REAR" only bowtie. There is a top part, the gold part of the bowtie, underneath is the chrome looking bowtie! The top comes off, but like we have said it is a pain in the butt to get off, and you will break the gold top part! Just be careful when taking if off, you will ruin the gold part, but oh well. However, you dont want to scratch up the chrome bowtie underneath that will now be the permanent bow tie! There is an entire 2-3 page thread on this a long time ago!
Old January 7th, 2007, 12:23 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First you guys have me have me rip all the emblems off my truck. My fingers still hurt from this project by the way. Now I am going destory the rear bow tie this afternoon. My wife keeps wondering why I am spending so much time in the garage.
Whats next I can't wait[sm=smiley20.gif].
Old January 7th, 2007, 1:16 PM
CF Addict

HAHA, I remember rubbing that remaining tape residue off with my thumbs too. It will rub them raw, but nothing seems to work as good as a little thumb pressure!
Old January 7th, 2007, 2:31 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: biglg

HAHA, I remember rubbing that remaining tape residue off with my thumbs too. It will rub them raw, but nothing seems to work as good as a little thumb pressure!
I think I am going to give it a try this afternoon. Not looking forward to rubbing my thumb raw.
Old January 7th, 2007, 2:36 PM
CF Addict

You can try to take a piece of fishing line, slide it in between the gold emblem and the base/chrome! Use a sawing motion and it should cut through tape and come off. Some had success with this, I however did not. My fishing line kept breaking, but I probably didnt have thick enough test! I fish about once a year, and do more drinking than fishing so fishing supplies are in large supply around my garage!

Anyways, just be careful and try not to use somehting that may damage, scratch, the chrome bottom part. A lot of people have mentioned using heat guns or hair dryers to get the emblem tape hot and it comes off easier. Good luck and like we mentioned, you may break the gold part, but no biggie everyone broke theirs so far! If you have questions just let us know.
Old January 7th, 2007, 4:06 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got the rear bow-tie off this morning...and yes I broke it into 2 pieces....20lb. test line worked great for me with a heat gun...and WD-40 ...pulls all the gunk off w/o rubbing the skin off !!! :-)
Old January 7th, 2007, 5:45 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For The Tahoe/flex fuel emblems I used a small plastic zip tie to remove the emblems and turtle wax all purpose autoand tar remover to remove the gunk. Butyour thumb seems to do most the work on the residue.

The rear boetie, of course I broke it. That being said it was totallyworth it to see what was underneath. Why would Chevy hide something like that with that crappy gold plastic boetie.
Old January 8th, 2007, 9:00 PM
CF Addict

Hi,
I ordered a new 2007 Tahoe Front End Grille Emblem. After waiting 3 weeks for it to get in I picked up a used one. When it arrived I told them I didnt need it. Today, I was at the dealership and they still had the part. Being longer than 30 days they said they werent sending it back and I was obligated to pay for it. They did give me a discounted price. I will sell it for what I have in it. $30 shipped if you want it. Please let me know asap as I will list on ebay if one of you guys dont want it to paint around on it or whatever. Thanks, Landon.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3431/9A8F011714884527AAF9173BA252FD3A.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/3431/0E6C29F1D2C84D65A9A956D501B615D7.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/3431/56E98817B8D8444FB804F03CEF087427.jpg[/IMG]
Old January 14th, 2007, 11:57 AM
CF Addict

Does anyone know, or can someone find the 07 Rear Emblem Part number?
Old January 14th, 2007, 12:21 PM
CF Veteran

Don't have the number but I lost a bid for one last night on E-bay. Had it until the last minute. I was sitting on it too. I got sniped!!!

Did get a used front one for $11.50 shipped.

Quick Reply: Tahoe emblems