Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Tahoe Hybird

Search this Thread

Old April 29th, 2008, 10:36 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tahoe Hybird

anyone got one? What kind of milage do you get pulling a trailer?
Old April 29th, 2008, 1:44 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Tahoe Hybird

That’s kind of an ambiguous question.
Old April 29th, 2008, 3:17 PM
CF Monarch

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts

Thats actually an interesting question... can it pull a trailer?
Old April 29th, 2008, 4:23 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The 2WD Hybrid is rated at 6,200lbs
The 4X4 model is 6,000lbs.

The question is ambiguous because....................................what trailer are we talking about?
Old April 29th, 2008, 6:33 PM
CF Beginner

I test drove a Yukon hybrid back in February or March (I can't remember now). I was pleasantly surprised by how it performed. It is somewhat disconcerting at first when a car that size is operating on electric power alone. Suffice it to say I think it lives up to everything that GM has promised in the two-mode hybrid system. The navigation screen displayed what mode it was in and, at first, I couldn't get it to go full electric. After a short drive, we were at a light and I noticed the engine had shut off and we were on electric power alone. We did some mixed driving in town and on the highway. I have to say, in electric mode the car is quick to launch from a full stop but as you press harder on the accelerator the engine kicks back in.

I was most impressed with the fact that, while waiting for the salesperson to get a brochure and card, we had the lights on, the wipers on, radio on, heated seats on, and defroster on and the car remained in "electric mode" for about ten minutes. The engine came back on for about a minute then shut off again. The car remained in electric mode with everything on while the salesperson parked it. You can barely even tell when the engine comes on or shuts off.

An absolute blast to drive.
Old April 29th, 2008, 7:58 PM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

I was in a have to do it now psiting to get a vehicle, my previous 1997 Tahoe was totaled when a Buick pulled out in front of me she still ran and was very driveable except for a headlight and turn signal) So I got the 07 and have been very happy with it but I sure wish I could have gotten the Hybrid, it my understandign they are Manufactured here in Texas. Maybe in a year i I can still get a decent trade in for her I will upgrade to the 09 Hybrid. Like XZ said for avehicle that can seat 9 (8 in my case) and tow and weights 6K pounds and will protect you beter then any compact 17.5 MPG aint bad at all...
Old April 30th, 2008, 12:33 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some of the buses in our region use GM's two-mode hybrid technology. Part of my commute takes me into the bus tunnels. While waiting for the bus to arrive in the tunnel, it's kind of freaky seeing those huge, articulating buses roll in and hardly make any sound.
Old April 30th, 2008, 8:11 AM
CF Beginner

A boat trailer about 3500lbs. Most people want pull more than that. If it will get 16 to 18 with a load behind it I would trade today for one.
Old June 13th, 2010, 12:36 PM
CF Beginner

Hi, new to this site. I am in the market looking for a hybird tahoe?
Have two 1500 series Sliverado. I really like my 2008 Silverado with the 4 door crew cab. I tow my boat last year on vacation. 25' pontoon boat. With a combination of highway and city, stop and go driving. I average 17 to 18 miles to the gallon. Not bad I have to say.
Has anybody know how long those battery will last? I know it would cost and arm and leg to replace when they go bad.
Also does anybody know if the third row seat can be taken out. They are useless really for seating. No leg room and head room?
Thanks in advance. Tom
Old June 13th, 2010, 8:46 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

If the 3rd row is just like the regular Tahoe, then it can be removed. It's just rite for kids tho.