Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Tahoe Hybird

Search this Thread

Old June 15th, 2010, 2:49 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

The head room for the 3rd row of seating in the 2010 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid is 37.9 inches. The shoulder room is 61.7 inches, hip room is 49.1 and leg room is 25.6 inches. The third row of seating is also removable as well. This vehicle can pull up to 6,200 pounds total in the 2wd configuration. As far as the battery life I don't have any information on how long it will last but if it doesn't last you will have our 3 year 36,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty which would cover the replacement under normal circumstances. If you need any more information feel free to reach out to me on this forum.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old June 16th, 2010, 3:35 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeff, thank you. I am posting to owner of the Hybird Tahoe. I am a mechanical geek you can say. I had sold Chevy in my younger days. Thanks for your input.
I need real input from owners.
Tom
Old June 16th, 2010, 7:22 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default lol

lol, poor Jeff, every post is "see your dealer" like somehow we missed the most obvious solution... i'll run a search and see how many times 'see your dealer' is the 'answer'... (i'm sure Jeff is a great guy, but he either needs to be able to tell us real info, or needs to do some learning). I'm hoping the posts are being controled by high up GM people who are pushing 90 years old and don't understand that real answers to our real concerns mean we would buy real cars...

Anyway:

At the local boat launch I see a hybrid Tahoe pulling a (approx) 3500 lb jet boat no problem.

As for battery life, I know federal law covers warrenty on emissions for 8/80 is it?

I would hope the laws catch up to something similiar to that.

Here is a battery life article I found on MSN:

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/artic...umentid=542377

this page:

http://autos.aol.com/cars-Chevrolet-...2009/overview/

states it has this:

The Tahoe Hybrid is able to accelerate using only the electric motor. The nickel-metal hydride (NiMH) battery includes an 8 year/100,000 mile warranty. Efficiency is also aided by a liftgate and hood made of aluminum, improved aerodynamics, lower resistance tires, and a 0.4-inch lower ride height

No need to thank me. Cash or checks will be fine

Also be sure to read the fine print on the battery warrenty, usually it only covers it being at 70% of capacity on a full charge by the end vs the ideal 100%... just FYI, but battery capacity loss is 100% normal over a batteries life span.

Last edited by SabrToothSqrl; June 16th, 2010 at 7:25 AM.
Old June 16th, 2010, 7:33 AM
CF Addict

Default yehp

18/72 posts say "See your dealer" or similar. That's 25%

https://chevroletforum.com/forum/sea...8&pp=25&page=1
Old June 16th, 2010, 3:59 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

stsqrl: So out of those 18 posts, how many answers did you provide that fixed the guy's problem?

Last time I checked, emissions warranty ran 5/50K.

tling56: What info from real owners are you looking for that Jeff didn't provide?
Old June 17th, 2010, 7:55 AM
CF Addict

Default Well...

I've posted 844 posts (including this one). With each post I attempt to add information, help, direct, inform, or at least entertain. Telling someone to see the dealer is like reminding them to breathe in.

I don't work for GM. GM needs to cut the leash on their employees to fully utilize the medium of the internet and real life. My wife works for Motor Trend, and she notices it at the shows as well. No one is actually qualified to talk about the cars, and no one will do it on TV with her. So she heads over to Ford who does talk about the cars, and will talk about them on TV. If you like we can open a new thread to discuss manufacture utilization of new mediums. I'm not here to insult or demean the work of Jeff or GM. I am simply stating that more meaningful information, assistance, and possibly even technical digrams would be of greater use than 'see your dealer'. I am glad to see that GM has started using this medium (4 years too late), however to compete in a global market, they need to step it up.

Working for GM (I assume it's not oursourced) he (or she) should have access to drawings, engineers, designers, marketers, and more that they could contact and provide in-depth consumer information. However they are so scared of it that GM controls when the poor guy breathes in and out. Cut the cord and let this person interact with us on a more detailed level. We are the same people who buy these cars and trucks. You can’t say ‘we have this person to answer your questions’ and only give them 10 standardized responses. That doesn’t help anyone. In fact it makes that person look less intelligent about the products, than if you didn’t have that position. Like I said, I do not have access to this as I don’t work for GM. I only know what I learn hands on or read from reputable sources. I am under no pretease of being able to assist you with anything GM or life related (the answer is 42).

As for the warranty:

http://www.epa.gov/oms/consumer/warr95fs.txt

Specified major emission control components
are covered for the first 8 years or 80,000 miles

Last edited by SabrToothSqrl; June 17th, 2010 at 8:11 AM.
Old June 17th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Administrator

As I said, last time I checked it was 5/50K. Now it is 8/80K for only the cat and ECU. All else is 2/24K which isn't as good as the old one.

I agree that "see ur dealer" doesn't help the owner but you have to consider that if Jeff as an official GM rep tells someone something and it either doesn't work or makes it worse, then . . . Well you know the bottom feeding attys would sense blood in the water.

Are any of the other major auto companies providing web-based how-tos or DIYs?

When I was at SEMA last Nov, I didn't experience any hesitancy from the GM folks I talked to. They were very candid in their responses to my questions.
Old June 18th, 2010, 3:42 AM
CF Beginner

All good input, still seeing if real owner are here. When driving around, either my truck or riding my harley. I keep an eye out for Hybrid owner, to see if they can give me 5 to 10 minutes of there time. Thanks guys.
Tom
Old March 24th, 2011, 7:23 PM
CF Active Member

So, came onto this site to see what the hybrid tahoes actually get for mileage and no-one said anything about that. Although figured I'd school everyone on the tahoe Hybrid while I was here.

Hybrid component warranty - 8yr./100k

Vehicle accelerated in electric mode up to 55mph, gas engine kicks on to charge the battery under normal driving. Engine also kicks on to provide direct power to the electric motors under hard acceleration.

Over 55mph vehicle is in gas mode do to the drag.

Regenerative braking while applying brakes. When you hit the brake pedal, the vehicle decides weather to apply the brakes or use the electric motor to recharge the batteries while braking.

Power steering and a/c are electric so both are functional even if engine is shut off.

I'm sure there are a few other things I can't think of right now.
Old March 24th, 2011, 8:49 PM
Administrator

I'd want to verify the accelerate to 55 on battery only cuz they also said you could drive at "highway speeds" in the V4 mode. Unless 50 mph qualifies as hwy speed, then it doesn't make it.