Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Tahoe Hybird

Search this Thread

Old March 24th, 2011, 9:33 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmm, is there a reason, why they didn't make also hybrid suburban ??? I wish i have one
Old March 25th, 2011, 9:17 AM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

If I were speculate, I bet it has to do with power, weight and cost...
The Tahoe I believe has a higher profit margin then the Suburban allowing for the "novelty" hybrid full size SUV. I could be totally off base but I suspect they all tie in...

Thou as to the origin of this post I too would like to hear more feed back from owners
Old March 27th, 2011, 1:44 PM
CF Active Member

Default v4

Well Shark, My 07 would go into 4cyl mode on highway, has to be under like 25% load though. Therefore down hill, steepness of the hill depends on speeds and head wind I'd say.

Picking up my 2011 Ltz tomorrow, can't wait for the 6speed trans and the autoride suspension.

Was thinking of buying a hybrid but you loose out on the power liftgate (Just love how you can put it down and its sucks itself closed), autoride, roofrack and opening rear glass and still same cost at the loaded LTZ. Which I guess makes sense why the Denai Hybrid is 7 grand more than the Tahoe, has the other options still.
Old March 28th, 2011, 6:18 AM
CF Beginner

VRSO2, they do make the sub in Hybird. Was speaking a person, his company has 6 of them. Now he say his gauge on the hiway say 38 mpg. I have to say that is an average. I had a chance to speak a person also driving a Tahoe. I ask him what he was getting in town. His response was shxxty. I ask what the # was. 18. We all know, what the they say. -2. That is not bad.
Old March 28th, 2011, 8:08 PM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by tling56
VRSO2, they do make the sub in Hybird. Was speaking a person, his company has 6 of them. Now he say his gauge on the hiway say 38 mpg. I have to say that is an average. I had a chance to speak a person also driving a Tahoe. I ask him what he was getting in town. His response was shxxty. I ask what the # was. 18. We all know, what the they say. -2. That is not bad.

38 AVG ???? Right, may be camry or accord Not a Taho or Burb
Old March 29th, 2011, 2:58 PM
CF Beginner

38 AVG ???? Right, may be camry or accord Not a Taho or Burb

Im only letting what the Gentleman said. As I am still searching my self the facts. Till some one else chimes in and maybe enlighthen us on this question.
Old July 13th, 2011, 2:05 PM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

Popular Science circa 1920....
Just think what the possibilities could be for an electric vehicle if we had been working on the technology for the past 90 years!

This and other articals can be found HERE
Attached Thumbnails  Tahoe Hybird-electric-jaunt.jpg  
Old July 13th, 2011, 3:04 PM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 169 Posts

Yeah but then we probably wouldn't have any flame-shooting, nitro-methane burning top-fuel dragsters.