Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Tahoe Mods Like Crack!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old December 23rd, 2008, 7:23 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Tahoe Mods Like Crack!!!!!

I purchased my 2007 tahoe summit whiteLS (less stuff) last month, I just made my first payment. Since the first night I brought it home I have been buying stuff and I can not stop. So far I have purchased and installed in order Husky floor liners. Tinted front 2 windows to match rear. Had remote installed at dealer (truck already had rs prep package ap8).I got the cargo area security shade from the dealer.I put on a E&G Classics chrome gill overlay. I installed chrome trim on running boards, on rear bumper (on the bottom of the black plastic step pad) and above the body side molding like the denali. I put on 20 inch (only 20 to keep ride quality) chrome Granite Alloy GA6.6 wheels. The body shop next door painted my front emblem to match (free of charge). I peeled the gold off the rear emblem.I am getting the chrome door handle (not covers) for christmas. I ordered theGM alarm add on today.Everyday I look on the forum and ebay looking for any more idea sof what I modify. It is like I can not stop I have to do it. It is like it is calling me. "MODIFY ME, HOOK ME UP" " JUST ONE MORE THING". I got to imagine this is how a crack head feels when he need his rock. My wife is starting to get pissed. She keeps saying " you do not need anymore sh... for that fu... truck.Anyone else in my situation? How do you control it?
Old December 23rd, 2008, 7:29 PM
Super Moderator
Ride of the Month
May 2009

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Tahoe Mods Like Crack!!!!!

How do you control it? That's a great question, I think over the years my wallet and my wife have been the ownly things that keep me in check.
Somewhat anyhow.
Old December 23rd, 2008, 8:20 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a similar addiction

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket

and

Break
Out
Another
Thousand
Old December 23rd, 2008, 10:00 PM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

LMAO on that line...

"My wife is starting to get pissed. She keeps saying " you do not need anymore sh... for that fu... truck."

Just keep it in check so it doesnt get too gaudy and a year from know the stuff is falling off.....
Old December 23rd, 2008, 10:04 PM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 169 Posts

You stop when there's no more money.
Old January 7th, 2009, 10:01 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have the same problem....
Westin Nerf Bars
Chrome Grill insert (Metal)
chrome door handles (just the pull lever)
chrome hatch door covers (top and bottom)

I've picked up the chrome bad habit from my harley and like you i always say this will be my last items, but i surf ebay and notice new stuff...I think my next buy will be the headlight chrome trim.....I do think i am approaching the gaudy level and will have to go cold turkey and stop....my thoughts are the tahoe with chrome is similar to similar Denalis or escalade....WHY NOT!
Old January 17th, 2009, 7:25 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well I again could not resist. I orderd my escalade roof rack. I installed my pioneer radio from my old hoe, which means I had to buy the dash kit and the onstar/chime adapter another $126.00. I replace the reear door speakers when installing my chrome door handle ( left one was blown) $155.00. I can hide those from my wife though (out of site out of mind kinda thing).I rebuilt my sub box from old truck and installe dmy amp. I want to buy the steering wheel control adapter another $100.00 even though radio had a remote and radio is very easy to reach but it keeps calling me not sure how long I can hold out. Everyday I look on ebay for leather seat covers. When will it end. This addiction may be worse than crack, but at the end of the day atleast I will have something to show for my money
Old January 17th, 2009, 7:38 PM
CF Monarch

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm the same way with my Blazer... I'm always doing something with it. Don't know when to stop. Right now I'm struggling to maintain the look right now! I have a winsheild to replace.
Old January 18th, 2009, 7:40 AM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by MDTAHOE
Well I again could not resist. I orderd my escalade roof rack.
Post some pictures of your install process if you can...
Old January 26th, 2009, 1:45 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Some of the mods are rather easy...

I made plenty of mods and still looking to improve some aspects going forward:

Shiny package - changed the front grill, door handles and mirror covers. Had the GM shop do it for me and the cost was moderate.

Intalled the Costal Tech GMX 320 and a Parrot Bluetooth kit at a car shop. Not too expensive.

Installed the Costal Tech iPod adapter myself. Real easy under the dash where the XM module sits.

Installed HID headlights myself. Again- real easy.

Installed IPCW rear LED lights myself. Again - real easy.

Installed GM exhaust tip myself. Two minutes work.

Working now on installing a pair of PIAA fog light, either instead of the original (they are both 4") or in addition, bolted right at the bottom of the grill. I can make them removable and just leave the brackets during the summer.

I also have a pair of hadrest DVD players/screens, which I will have the radio shop do for me, as the visibilty for the kids is not great when using the one on the roof. This way I will have 3 independent movies going...

Quick Reply: Tahoe Mods Like Crack!!!!!