Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Tahoe shines during MI State Police testing

Search this Thread

Old December 27th, 2018, 4:19 PM
ChevyForum Town Crier

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tahoe shines during MI State Police testing

I think a pickup is a strange choice for a police vehicle, but that didn't stop the Michigan State Police from pitting an F-150 against a Tahoe. While acceleration wasn't as quick in the Chevy, top speed was way better, so it'll be interesting to see what the boys in blue go with. Check out the full story here.

Old December 28th, 2018, 7:59 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

MI State Police have a black Silverado they run in the Detroit metro area. No markings on the rear. Twice now, at night, I've crawled up his ***, he actually moved over, and then only as I was passing did I see the MSP logo on the driver's door. Neither time got pulled over.

Must not be a patrol unit, maybe a commercial enforcement or crime scene dude.

MSP is already using Tahoes for commercial enforcement. And I know agencies in general are moving towards SUVs and away from sedans. MSP patrol units are moving from Chargers to Explorers.
Old December 28th, 2018, 5:40 PM
ChevyForum Town Crier

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by intheburbs
MI State Police have a black Silverado they run in the Detroit metro area. No markings on the rear. Twice now, at night, I've crawled up his ***, he actually moved over, and then only as I was passing did I see the MSP logo on the driver's door. Neither time got pulled over.
Ha ha, that's great. And the trend toward SUVs makes them so much harder to spot! Not so good if you have a lead foot!