Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Tail lights issue

Search this Thread

Old December 2nd, 2014, 1:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tail lights issue

Hello all, I'm hoping for some direction on a tail light issue. Short story made long ...

our 'Burb was in a rear end accident several months ago. Other driver's insurance replaced a bunch of parts, we got the 'Burb back and a couple weeks later noticed the right signal blinking double-time from time to time. Insurance company said they didn't touch the lights and declined to look at it further. I got lazy and let it go ...

Anyway, the right blinker blinks double-time now pretty much only when the brake is pressed. Whether the brake is on or not, the right tail light does not blink correctly (faint light coming from reverse white, and both the top and bottom blink). Same with unlocking or remote start-up -- the right is dim, and the same lights don't always light up. On a few occasions, the reverse camera also has not turned on, or has been just static.

I have replaced all bulbs on both tail lights (start easy, right?), with no improvement. My suspicion is that some wiring or a junction box was damaged in the accident -- the spare came off and dinged the rear differential cover pretty good, so it may have bounced around under there a bit. I cannot find where the rear light junction box is located on this '10 (it was the rear axle on older models, but isn't there anymore, at least as far as I can see). Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Old December 3rd, 2014, 7:55 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default lights

it's irrelevant if 'they touched the lights' you were hit by another car. anything that doesn't work, I'd be calling their insurance company. Every hour on the hour until it's fixed.

I'm guessing some wiring was hit/moved in the incident.