Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Tint Brand and Other Tint Questions on the Tahoe ?

Search this Thread

Old January 2nd, 2007, 9:46 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tint Brand and Other Tint Questions on the Tahoe ?

I am going to be tinting my windows on my Tahoe soon and wanted to ask a few questions.

1. Have any of you installed high performance tint (Metal) and had a problems with interference with radio reception due to the antenna being in the rear quarter glass?

2. I have been looking into formulaone tint (Pinnacle series - Ceramic not metal) and wanted to know if anybody here has used them and their thoughts. Formulaone is the same company thats makes Llumar (CP Films). This paticular tint costs about 1/3 more and was wondering if its worth it.

3. What Brand of Tint did you use? What type of tint did you install metal , dyed, ceramic ? What percentage?

Thanks for your time.
Old January 2nd, 2007, 11:16 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tint Brand and Other Tint Questions on the Tahoe ?

I put 15% on the fronts metalized film it is worth the extra money over the dyed cause i promise you the dyed will fade and then you just have to do it all over again. Never heard of the ceramic but the metalized did not interfere with the radio and i have had several vehicles with the metalized film never had a problem
Old January 4th, 2007, 11:57 PM
CF Veteran

Clay24,
How is the visibility on the front windows (Are you able to see your side mirrors at night time ?)
Old January 5th, 2007, 12:08 AM
CF Junior Member

I have the factory tinted glass on all but the front two windows. I put 20% on them and they match the factory tint perfectly. No problems seeing through the side view mirrors either. The tint brand was 3M. I used the dyed stuff on a 2000 Ford Explorer and it faded to a purple tint after only about 3 years. 3M tint is about the only tint I will use from now on plus it has a lifetime warranty on fading.
Old January 5th, 2007, 12:37 AM
CF Junior Member

Well if your not used to tint on your front windows it may take a bit to get used to it doesnt bother me i see everything fine. The Tahoe is my wifes car and believe me if it was hard to see at night i would have heard about it but nothing so far
Old January 5th, 2007, 1:13 PM
davemec

ORIGINAL: engine2

I am going to be tinting my windows on my Tahoe soon and wanted to ask a few questions.

1. Have any of you installed high performance tint (Metal) and had a problems with interference with radio reception due to the antenna being in the rear quarter glass?

2. I have been looking into formulaone tint (Pinnacle series - Ceramic not metal) and wanted to know if anybody here has used them and their thoughts. Formulaone is the same company thats makes Llumar (CP Films). This paticular tint costs about 1/3 more and was wondering if its worth it.

3. What Brand of Tint did you use? What type of tint did you install metal , dyed, ceramic ? What percentage?

Thanks for your time.
I haven't heard of formulaone tint, but I did get Llumar ATR 15% on my front two windows, and I really like it. If the Formulaone tint is made by the same company as Llumar, I would think it is good stuff. Can't comment on the ceramic though, never heard of it. I think Llumar comes with a lifetime warranty too, but I'm not positive on that. Let me know if you are in the Philly area and I can recommend a great tint place.
Old January 5th, 2007, 1:24 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just had 20% added to my front windows this mourning and it was just a shade lighter than the back. 15% would probably match perfect.
Old January 6th, 2007, 3:09 PM
CF Veteran

Thanks for all the replies. I think I am going to try the Formulaone (Made by the same company that makes Llumar) Pinnacle Series (Ceramic). I will post pics after installation next week and let you know what I think. In addition to it not interfering with radio signals and more importantly to me, it has a little more heat rejection. Being in FL, I will take any help I can get. Summers here are brutal.
Old January 6th, 2007, 6:53 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can anyone tell me about Suntek and how it compares to Llumar and other top brands?