Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Tire Pressure Monitoring System

Search this Thread

Old July 9th, 2008, 9:05 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Pressure Monitoring System

Tried to relearn the tire positions and now i get and error that says "Service Tire Pressure Monitoring System". My question is do I have to go to the dealer or can i fix this on my own?
Old July 9th, 2008, 11:20 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tire Pressure Monitoring System

Unit did not learn all the tire pressure sensors. The problem with letting air out of valve stems is that the sensor vibrates inside the tire, this cause the sensor to wake up and transmit air pressure reading, but does not transmit sensor ID (each sensor has its own RFID). You can try to air tires up to 50 lbs, then get vehicle in sensor learn procedure (hold remote key fobs lock and unlock together with key in ign and in on position not running, after about 5 to 10 seconds car should honk and say sensor programing, release air (hold valve in or better remove valve core until horn honks-reinstall valve core when car honks. Start with drivers front tire then go tofront passengers tire, then go to passengers rear tire and finish with drivers rear. The last tire should honk twice if it programend correctly. The vehilce will honk after each wheel is programed.

If that does not work then take it to your nearest dealer they have a machine that exictes and comands the sensor to tranmit the sensor ID.