Tire suggestions for 2013 suburban LTZ 4x4 - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Tire suggestions for 2013 suburban LTZ 4x4

Old August 12th, 2018, 1:22 PM
CF Beginner

Default Tire suggestions for 2013 suburban LTZ 4x4

Looking to hear what everyone is going with these days for stock tires on suburbans.

13 Suburban LTZ 4x4 65K, stock 20 inch wheels staying with 275/55-20.

Driving is mostly highway, some city and occasional snow trips to the Sierra in Winter or dirt road (wet and dry) for camping. Also short tow trips with a ski boat.

Current tire: Goodyear Eagle LS2s,

I've always gone with AT tires when replacing OEMs but the AT landscape has changed a bit since I last shopped for tires.

I've had BFG ATKO2s before, and they are bit noisy for the road driving I do.

Looking at the Contental TerrainContact AT, but these seem pretty new on the market.

What else are people going with?

This is a luxury land yacht but it gets used in snow and dirt so I'm looking for a balance of street use with not sucking in snow and mild trails.

edit: I want to add that "Snow" in the No. CA Sierra is wet, heavy slush that we call Sierra Cement. It is nothing like snow in other areas of the country and is more like wet mud on pavement.

Last edited by DanH; August 12th, 2018 at 1:24 PM. Reason: clarifying snow
Old August 12th, 2018, 7:20 PM
CF Pro Member

I have the same size on my Sierra Denali. I went with the Michelin Defender LTX from Costco. Better foul weather performance than the stock tires, but still a good ride, low road noise and long tread life. They were $205 a piece, with installation and sales tax, it was $929 out the door last August.
Old August 13th, 2018, 7:13 AM
CF Addict

I usually just go to tire rack, put in vehicle, then sort by price, or rating, or UTGW to figure out what I want.
Old August 15th, 2018, 12:52 AM
CF Beginner

I've been on tire rack, and was looking for first hand opinions.

The top tire is a kuhmo, second is BFG ATKO2, third is Mich Defender LTX MS, fourth is Conti TerrainContact AT

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireS...&rearWidth=255

The reported miles on the BFG and Mich are in the millions compared to a few hundred thousand on the Kuhmo and Conti.

I think the ATKO2 will be too loud, and I fear the Defender LTX MS will be too mild.

Not sure about gambling with the conti.
Old August 15th, 2018, 10:14 AM
CF Addict

you can always return them. Tire rack took back some P7s I tried on my Model S.

Search this Thread
Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: