Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Top Vote Getter So Far for Calendar Contest... PIC

Search this Thread

Old September 30th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top Vote Getter So Far for Calendar Contest... PIC

Still plenty of time to get in the calendar contest. We've got some sweet rides in there now. The top 50 will get through to the second round where the votes all start at zero, so if you haven't yet, get your shot uploaded! MemberCalendars.com

Here's your top vote getters so far.

Camaro:

Name:  blowup_Camaro.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  47.8 KB

Chevelle:

Name:  blowup_Chevelle.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  28.2 KB

SSR:

Name:  blowup_SSR.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  28.6 KB

Nova:

Name:  blowup_nova.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  22.2 KB

El Camino:

Name:  blowup_ElCamino.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  41.8 KB

GM SUV:

Name:  blowup_GMSUV.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  39.0 KB

GM Truck:

Name:  blowup_GMTruck.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  26.0 KB

Monte Carlo:

Name:  blowup_MontyCarlo.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  33.4 KB

Corvette:

Name:  blowup_Corvette.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  33.0 KB
Old December 7th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Former Sponsor

Please check out our new thread by clicking here.
Old December 7th, 2010, 1:14 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default lol

so many ugly, ugly cars, and horrible, horrible failures...

let's see... SSR.. ugly as sin, made for all of 4 years until everyone who looked at them head's exploded.

Nova; Spanish for "No Go"... (technically no va)

el camino; are you serious? these things only sell in austrailia... where everyone is a criminal (look it up). Beyond God ugly.

the chevy trail blazer? are you serious?! the 7 year mistake? the tahoe of poor people? this thing was so ugly it became cheap.

Monte Carlo... a 2 door almost as long as the trailer home of most people who buy them...
I can not begin to describe how wrong this car is.

the rest can stay... for now. although the Camaro is the poor man's vette...
Old December 7th, 2010, 1:53 PM
Former Sponsor

Thumbs down

Wait, so why are you on CHEVROLET forum, if you hate most Chevys???

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
so many ugly, ugly cars, and horrible, horrible failures...

let's see... SSR.. ugly as sin, made for all of 4 years until everyone who looked at them head's exploded.

Nova; Spanish for "No Go"... (technically no va)

el camino; are you serious? these things only sell in austrailia... where everyone is a criminal (look it up). Beyond God ugly.

the chevy trail blazer? are you serious?! the 7 year mistake? the tahoe of poor people? this thing was so ugly it became cheap.

Monte Carlo... a 2 door almost as long as the trailer home of most people who buy them...
I can not begin to describe how wrong this car is.

the rest can stay... for now. although the Camaro is the poor man's vette...
Old December 7th, 2010, 9:35 PM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i vote the Z28.

you guys should put some Impalas/Caprices in there too...maybe a couple C10/20s? Even a Vega.
Old December 8th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Former Sponsor

Hey Racer-

Voting is over. Calendars are printed and on sale right now on our website. They all turned out really nice.

We were just updating this thread.
Old December 8th, 2010, 12:35 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default well

I didn't used to hate them, nor do I hate all of them, they have some good products, they are just too far and few for such a large company...
Old December 8th, 2010, 5:18 PM
CF Veteran

you know something, man...I blame the focus group and the marketing agencies. They had great NAMES but put them on UGLY cars which resulted in NO sales.

WHat the hell was the Lumina? Why spend 20 years building name recog. on the Cavalier and then call something the Cobalt and now the Cruze? Ford takes the Bronco II makes it longer calls it the Explorer and runs the category for 20 years. GM takes the S-10 and weirds it out going from Blazer to Trailblazer, Jimmy to Envoy and then some mutants Ascender, Rainier, Bravada and 9-7?? Enough, with the bullcheese please! Even the new Malibu should have in reality been adapted to be the Impala. As a larger car, that Malibu would have taken names and eaten brains as an Impala in the large car category. Dont even get me started on how they screwed over Pontiac who had 2x as many sales as Buick. Or chopped Olds to run with Saturn. Or even put breath in SAAB.

These guys are getting bent over worldwide by Toyota and VW(even though VW doesnt have a truck line). They have all these divisions which blur brand identity that Nissan-Renault and Toyota dont have. Clean up all the wandering samurai and put Chevrolet on the nose. No need for Vauxhall or Holden or whatever they got going on in South Korea and Japan. I have a friend in the Dominican Republic and I told her I got a Chevrolet Suburban. She told me that wasnt a good car because SHE NEVER HEARD OF CHEVROLET. SHE NEVER HEARD OF CHEVROLET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In the DR, every 4th car is a Toyota and you can count to be sure. They buy Toyotas like they buy milk. And you seldom hear of Chevrolet??

Me thinks the General has cataracts and cant see what is in his best interest.

Last edited by RacerX; December 8th, 2010 at 5:21 PM.
Old December 10th, 2010, 9:23 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

How many folks in the Dom. Rep. could afford a 'burb?
Old December 10th, 2010, 9:35 PM
CF Veteran

Dont sleep bro, they are there. Not only Burbs, Range Rover, Cayennes, Panamera, Diablos, Gallardos, S-classes, H2s, etc. NOT EVERYONE can afford one, but they are there and there is a class of people who can get them, even with the 30% mark-up. I saw a Honda CR-V 2010 when I was there last month for $30.9K US. My mother bought the same car Upstate NY and paid $22K. Santo Domingo Motors, S.A., in Santo Domingo is the GM representative over there since there is no "official" dealer network. You can get anything in the lineup you want. From Escalades to Aveos, even stuff they dont retail in North America but offer in South America(GM has operations in Brazil and Colombia where they are known only as Chevrolet not GM). You can export it from here as long as it is less than 5 years old. You see a lot of Chrysler there also, mostly the Jeep lineup because of their perceived durability and ability to manage off road conditions.

But all in all, Toyota still kills them in brand loyalty and sales. Not to mention service. If you dont have a Toyota, Honda or Nissan, 40% chance it will get fixed worth a damn. Now there a few German expats there who are skilled with the Euro-brands and they live pretty well, because they respect their skills. As for American cars? Its a toss. I was really thinking about it. But I dont know how to get my tools there.

Last edited by RacerX; December 10th, 2010 at 9:42 PM.