Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Tow mirrors for 2018 suburban

Search this Thread

Old November 28th, 2017, 6:56 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tow mirrors for 2018 suburban

Buying a 2018 suburban lt max tow. The only issue with the vehicle is the small outside rear view mirrors.

Places offer strap/clip on mirrors, but these are not much better. Does anyone know if the current C/K pickup tow mirrors fit the current model suburban ?
I have tried looking this up in some GMparts manuals, but there is not enough detail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Knotty buoy; November 28th, 2017 at 7:01 PM.
Old November 30th, 2017, 4:03 PM
CF Beginner

following
Old December 1st, 2017, 9:18 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can purchase after market mirrors on the internet. Also, there are informative You Tube videos showing how to remove the old mirror. You have to remove several trim pieces, remove the entire side panel, pull back the corner of the insulation, undo the electrical plugs, undo three bolts, give the mirror a good hit downward and it comes right off. Looks to be about an hour of work.

I have the 2008 stock trailer mirrors on my Burb so I will warn you about a couple of things. The stock mirrors have two glass inserts which makes it a bit confusing until you are used to them. Also, if you have a double garage door, with two standard 8 ft wide doors, you might want to be folding back one mirror which is a real PITA. Otherwise, I believe they can be changed out.

SD
Old August 28th, 2018, 5:30 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks