Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

TPMS issues?

Old December 3rd, 2007, 6:54 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPMS issues?

I rotated my tires this weekend for the first time, and knew about the TPMS re-learn. I read the instructions in the manual, and attempted to do the process. I get the "Re-learn Active" message on the DIC, and the horn honks twice, but then when I go to release or add air (I tried both ways using my compressor), I get nothing?? It says to start with Left Front and go clockwise, and the horn will honk when it detects air being released or added at each position...well, no workie!

Just like my Home Link exercises (that turned out futile!), I tried it probably 6-7 times before I got pissed and gave up. It says it may take up to 30 seconds for it to honk, well, I went for like a minute that last time, and the damn tire was down to 10 psi!

So, other than going back to dealer again (just there 2 days last week!), has anyone figured it out? Any special tricks? I've done it word for word out of the manual multiple times, not getting anywhere.

Thanks![/align][/align]
Old December 3rd, 2007, 7:28 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: TPMS issues?

ZX,

We have a real issue here. I'm not sure if you've taken note but there is a rash of complaints regarding the TPMS of late. I had the old style valves and everything was fine. Now myself and just about anyone else with the new black valvesare not able tocomplete the relearn process.

What's up?