Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Transmission acting up

Search this Thread

Old January 14th, 2007, 10:42 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission acting up

Searched the forum but didn't find anything like my problem. When I'm at a lightor stop sign and at a complete stop after 15-30 seconds the transmissionfeels like it "kicks" into gearor when istart to take offit feels like it does the same thing. It will happen 2 or 3 times and then will be perfect for days.Any ideasas to whatcould be wrong.[/align]
Old October 1st, 2007, 3:20 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Transmission acting up

i am having the same problem in my 07 silverado but am not sure why yet, very frustrating, just bought it 5 days ago. does it have anything to do with the new allison tranny they are using?
Old October 1st, 2007, 3:42 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

There have been a few minor issues with the 4L60/65E transmissions not completing the downshift from 2 to 1 as you come to a stop, they then will complete the shift while your are stopped or just as you launch.

Take it to the dealer and describe your problem, in many cases this can easily be resolved with new software calibrations.

The 2007 Tahoe does not use the Allison only the Duramax engine has the Allison behind it now, previously the 8.1L gas engine also used the Allison.
Old October 1st, 2007, 11:38 PM
CF Beginner

My 02 2500HD 4x4 will do that once every couple months. Like it forgets its in 2nd and then quickly drops to 1st as I leave a light. Buddy's 04 2500HD 4x4 does it too. Not enough to worry about it, but enough to notice. Hopefully it doesn't get worse.........
Old October 3rd, 2007, 11:57 AM
CF Beginner

it did it again this morning as well as shifted erratically as if it forgot what gear it was in between 3rd and 4th. I called the dealership and they have never heard of any of these problems, but think it might be computer related. I really hope they can get it resolved as I would hate an uphill battle for the life of the truck. thanks for your help. will let you know how it goes. in the mean time, let me know if you think of anything else.
Old October 4th, 2007, 2:02 PM
CF Beginner

-update- I just talked to the dealer and he said I had a badsolenoid that tells the transmission when to shift and they are going to replace it. Will keep you posted.
Old October 15th, 2007, 7:12 PM
CF Beginner

Have an 07 Tahoe. Just had transmission completely rebuilt at 23k miles.Picked it up today runs great,but for how long? Mine went out with no warning. No slippage. No clunking when you stopped. Just popped and it was like you put it in neutral.Was able to drive short distance by manually shifting to dealership.
Old October 16th, 2007, 12:28 AM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

[]
Old October 16th, 2007, 9:00 PM
CF Beginner

New guy here and I am dealing with a simular problem now. I have had the thing in 3 times to be looked at, the last time they said it was the pcm computer and that it had some wierd voltages. So they were going to replace it, well they had to order the part so they gave it back to me to drive until it came in, it made it 3 days and it completely died on the road. It was towed to the dealer and come to find out that it was a resistor that went bad, well the tech said they would still replace the pcm also along with the resistor.When I picked it up, my tech was off that day and when I started looking at the paper work they only replaced the resistor, not the pcm(gm tech. service advised not to). Made it3 days again and now it is back to sparatic shifting ever so often again. I called GM today to make a complaint so we will see where this goes. Sorry for the long 1st post, but I wanted to put it out there and to see if anybody else is dealing with this.