Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

True Flow Air Intake System

Search this Thread

Old August 15th, 2006, 5:18 PM
davemec

Default True Flow Air Intake System

Anybody try the True flow Air Intake? There is a good article on it here:
http://chevytruckworld.tenmagazines....aid=2778&sid=1

Just wnated to see if anyone here had tried it and if so what kinda results they saw.
Old August 15th, 2006, 8:35 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: True Flow Air Intake System

We noticed the Tahoe had a significant improvement in acceleration after we ran a complete set of tests on the True Flow Air Intake system, we later found that it was due to the fact that the driver’s wallet was lighter to the tune of about $250 large.

Save that money for something tangent and take your sweetie on a nice weekend get-a-way.
Old August 15th, 2006, 8:56 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've heard their filters come soaked in oil (worse than K&N or others). You're asking for trouble with fouling up your mass air sensor. If you do get one, you may want to clean and re-oil yourself (lightly).
Old August 16th, 2006, 1:28 AM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Isn't True Flow the one that uses foam instead of cotton mesh?
Old August 16th, 2006, 4:39 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ZX1100F1

We noticed the Tahoe had a significant improvement in acceleration after we ran a complete set of tests on the True Flow Air Intake system, we later found that it was due to the fact that the driver’s wallet was lighter to the tune of about $250 large.

Save that money for something tangent and take your sweetie on a nice weekend get-a-way.
lmao that's a good one. I'm gonna have to try that one on mine. Get me one of those programers, cold air intake, and a throttle body spacer which should set me back atleast 800 bucks which is gonna make my truck way fast. lol
Old August 16th, 2006, 11:39 AM
davemec

ZX, thanks for the response. Wanted to see if anyone around had actually seen an improvement in gas mileage.
Old August 16th, 2006, 11:41 AM
davemec

NCHEVYHEVN, no need to respond if you don't have any valid info. As you can see if you read my post, I was looking to see if anyone had noticed improved gas mileage, not looking to "make my truck way fast". I guess you did increase your post count though. Good job.
Old August 16th, 2006, 12:20 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: davemec

ZX, thanks for the response. Wanted to see if anyone around had actually seen an improvement in gas mileage.
You're certainly welcome.
$250 buys a few tanks of gas and that’s a given.
GM is taking a great deal of effort and expending millions of dollars to develop and design new low restriction intake and exhaust systems, unlike a few years ago these low budget companies are going to find it next to impossible to improve upon the
performance of the factory parts, now if you like the looks or the throaty sound then go for it but don’t expect +2 mpg because it aint going to happen, I promise.
Old August 16th, 2006, 12:57 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: davemec

NCHEVYHEVN, no need to respond if you don't have any valid info. As you can see if you read my post, I was looking to see if anyone had noticed improved gas mileage, not looking to "make my truck way fast". I guess you did increase your post count though. Good job.
My post had valid info. Sarcasm as to not buy cold air intakes, programmers, and throttle body spacers. Your welcome.
Old August 19th, 2006, 7:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed the K & N Cold air intake on my 2003 Z-71. Also did a Diabalo tune & increased the trans fluid pressure. I gained 50hp & 30lbs TQ at the rear wheels. My gas mileage went up 12-15% even with 10% ethenol in the fuel. I pull a car trailer & the difference is very noticable.
Alan

Quick Reply: True Flow Air Intake System