Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

True Flow Intake

Search this Thread

Old October 27th, 2007, 1:45 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default True Flow Intake

Hello All,

Has anyone used the True Flow Intake? I stubled across this intake while researching Volant and S&B.

Thx
Old October 27th, 2007, 7:47 AM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: True Flow Intake

I recently put one in my 2003 hoe, but still on the first tank so hard to fig out any effect on MPG. However, it does give a nice sound with faster acceleration and it seems I don't have to push the pedal down as hard to get my Tahoe to start moving. But, it sounds pretty well stock with constant speed. Will post when I see what happens to fuel economy.
Old October 27th, 2007, 1:36 PM
CF Active Member

There are a few Tahoe's in this forum with the trueflow and their comments sound very positive.I believe there is a post, that you'll have to search, which discusses the XDITrue FLow. If you check out the True Flow website there are also really good videos that adda lot of merit to using a foam filter instead of paper based filters.
Old October 27th, 2007, 4:18 PM
CF Beginner

I saw one or two and you are correct, they are positive. I've searched some other forums and everything seems to be positive. I think I'm going to persue the sealed box option.

I talked to one of the guys at the Chevy ProShop. He told me he has sold and personally used the Tru Flow Intake as well. He also suggested that I get AirRaid throttlebody spacer.

Now I'm on the hunt for a good deal

Thx!
Old October 27th, 2007, 10:30 PM
CF Junior Member

what would be the purpose of the throttle body spacer
Old October 27th, 2007, 11:05 PM
CF Beginner

The TBS spins the incoming air charge, boosting velocity for improved atomization. The end result is improved combustion efficiency which boosts low-end torque, throttle response, and fuel efficiency. Admittly this is a hit or miss opportunity. The Tahoes have seen more hits than misses supposedly. I know I've seen posts where people have said save your $ so I'll take the hit for the team
Old October 27th, 2007, 11:33 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

ORIGINAL: bigblackchevy
The TBS spins the incoming air charge, boosting velocity for improved atomization.
If swirling the air is such a good thing, then why have we wasted all of that money polishing intakes to make for smooth air flow. Carb spacers were used to move the hp up in the rpm band. Didn't really add much tho. Since on FI the fuel is injected right at the head of the valve, I doubt the air is really "swirling" by the time it gets that far.
Old October 28th, 2007, 1:34 AM
CF Active Member

"The throttle body spacer causes the incoming air charge to tumble for better atomization of the mixture downstream in the combustion chamber.
In other words a throttle body spacer will yield a much greater fuel burn efficiency, which in turn will improve performance and improve fuel economy" -- http://throttlebodyspacer.com/
Old October 29th, 2007, 9:35 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Well I guess that settles it then. Be nice to see some third party data supporting their claim.
Old October 30th, 2007, 11:47 AM
CF Beginner

How is your search coming? Did you end up with the XDI or sealed?

ORIGINAL: bigblackchevy

I saw one or two and you are correct, they are positive. I've searched some other forums and everything seems to be positive. I think I'm going to persue the sealed box option.

I talked to one of the guys at the Chevy ProShop. He told me he has sold and personally used the Tru Flow Intake as well. He also suggested that I get AirRaid throttlebody spacer.

Now I'm on the hunt for a good deal

Thx!

Quick Reply: True Flow Intake