Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Truxxx Lift & Level Kit

Search this Thread

Old August 21st, 2007, 6:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truxxx Lift & Level Kit

Just bought a 1999 1500 4x4 Suburban LT. Super clean rig. Love it.

Took it to a local tire shop to have a Truxxx Lift & Level Kit put on it to take out some of the factory nose down rake they roll with (the original owner put a set of 18" rims with low profile Eagle GT tires on it and it looks like a low rider, not the 4x4 family wagon that it is). After the rearend was finished, they realized that the parts for the front were not meant for my Suburban. "Please gives us until Monday to get the proper part in". Monday comes and I am told that the kit doesn't work on my body style Suburban, BUT, to make it right with me, the shop would go ahead and replace the stock sized shocks for longer shocks in order to go ahead and level things out, as recommended by Truxxx. This was done at no extra expense to me. It looks great, BUT I am now wondering if I have made a mistake in doing so. Have I set myself up for further complications down the road with these "longer" shocks? Any chance of excessive wear in parts?