Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old August 7th, 2015, 7:31 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Univeral Home Link help??

Search this Thread

Old March 5th, 2007, 3:53 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Univeral Home Link help??

I was hoping someone could help me out with the Universal Home Link system in the Tahoe? I have the design that has the three LEDs under the three buttons. I've read the manual so many times that I have memorized it...still can't get it to work? Our garage doors are the rolling code design, about two years old now. They have the "Learn" button, and the green light comes on for 30 seconds after it is pushed.

I still can't get it to work, no matter what I try. Is there some trick? I've tried with Ignition on, off, doors closed, doors open...even tried the "Erase" function so I could start fresh...also pulled the fuse and replaced...
After I push the two outside buttons for 2 seconds, I release and the three LEDS light up...I then go and push the Learn button on the garage door opener motor, which lights up. I rush back to the truck, pushing the button I want to use...the manual says that the garage door should start to move, and you should release the button, which should then flash quickly to signal it is complete...pushing the button again should get the garage door moving. But I hold the button forever, and nothing happens at all with the garage door? Then, all three buttons start blinking rapidly and they then go off...like I said, I've tried it every which way to Sunday, still no workie?? [sm=boohoo.gif]:

Thanks for any hints...not sure how I have the dealer check this?
Old March 5th, 2007, 4:10 PM
CF Senior Member

Default RE: Univeral Home Link help??

I waited for the garage door to move on mine too but it never happened. I pressed it and held it for a few seconds then let off. I then hit the button and the garage door worked. Other than that it sounds like you're doing it right.
Old March 5th, 2007, 4:12 PM
CF Active Member

I have one of those older garage doors with no learn button and it took about 5-6 times to do it. Try doing it with out the learn button.....?
Old March 5th, 2007, 4:22 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I programmed mine, I had to hold the buttons down for a lot longer than 2 seconds for them to go into the programming mode. Try holding the two outer buttons down until the lights start flashing (might take 15 - 20 seconds or more), then hold down the button you want to use while activating the garage remote right next to the homelink unit until the lights change again.
Old March 5th, 2007, 4:37 PM
CF Junior Member

Do you guys have the 3 LED type, or the single LED type Homelink system? Man, I think I have tried just about everything, but I'm gonna have my computer geek brother come over and have him try it...he'll probably get it to work right away.
Old March 5th, 2007, 4:39 PM
CF Active Member

I have the 3
Old March 5th, 2007, 5:17 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

While inside your Tahoe phone 1-866-572-2728 and have the Car2U Rep walk you through the setup, they will need to know what make and model of garage door opener you have.
Old March 5th, 2007, 10:06 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ZX,
Do you have any advice for those of us with the older (1) light setup.I've all but given up on mine.
Old March 5th, 2007, 10:11 PM
CF Junior Member

Does anyone know exactly where the receiving unit is for the Homelink? On the mirror? In the Onstar antenna? Just want to make sure I have a perfectly clear path to the area that is trying to "read" the radio waves?
Old March 5th, 2007, 10:13 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The recieving unit is in the visor area where the buttons are. That's where your remote should be when you try to send the vehicle the info. Is that what you were asking?

Quick Reply: Univeral Home Link help??