Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Universal Home Remote

Search this Thread

Old August 3rd, 2006, 1:16 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Universal Home Remote

I just bought a 2007 Tahoe and I'm having problems programming my universal home remote to open my garage door, I have a genie garage door opener. Has anyone else had this problem??

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt K
Old August 3rd, 2006, 10:52 AM
davemec

Default RE: Universal Home Remote

If your garage door opener uses the rolling code, then you have to use the learn button on the back of the motor and not the button you can carry with you. Other than that I was able to successfully program my Genie door.
Old August 3rd, 2006, 1:16 PM
CF Junior Member

Read the 2nd page in the book. I believe it is steps 7 and 8 that you really need to read close. Get a partner to help you out, it is hard to get out of the car run up the latter and press the learn button and then press the remote and the button in the car within 30 seconds.
Old August 3rd, 2006, 1:22 PM
CF Beginner

I had problems with my Chamberlin programing too. I had to clear the codes in the Tahoe and use my handheld remote to reprogram the tahoe first. I then used the learn button on the back of the opener to finish the programing. There are two sections in the owners manual on this, and you need to use the second section that describes this process. I am not sure how different the Genie is from the Chamberlin but this worked for me after an hour of screwing around.
Old August 8th, 2006, 2:34 AM
CF Active Member

I had some trouble figuring it out as well. Luckily, my son is an engineering physicist and got it working pretty quickly. He's sometimes handy to have around.
Old March 6th, 2010, 12:17 PM
CF Beginner

Default Universal Home Remote

I need help getting it to work. I followed the directions but the lights don't blink the way the book says they should when I press all three buttons to begin putting the left and the right in they do not blink at all so it won't take the new program. I have erased them by holding the two outside buttons but they don't really blink rapidly so I need help.
Old March 6th, 2010, 6:57 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

What year is ur truck?