Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Unwelcome sight

Search this Thread

Old January 10th, 2013 | 5:36 PM
Administrator

Default Unwelcome sight

Backed the Tahoe out of the garage this morning to clean up the garage and thought I should check the oil... and I was meet with the most unpleasing sight... mouse droppings mouse hair and pee on the engine cover, and fuse box cover....
Its been pretty cold lately and the kids had mentioned they saw a brown mouse in the garage... little did I know he had taken to using my truck as a warming hut

Needless to say I fully invoked the use of chemical and biological weapons ( poison and varmint repellent) as well as conventional weaponry( mouse traps) and the nuclear option is on the table

I inspected the visible wiring, rubber and what not, and found no issues, the truck had no warnings indicating that wires might have been chewed... but its something to certainly keep in mind this time of year...
Attached Thumbnails Unwelcome sight-1-img_2305.jpg  
Old January 10th, 2013 | 6:47 PM
CF Senior Member

yeah, lil bastids got the tbi wiring on my pickup...

:chug:
Old January 11th, 2013 | 1:13 PM
Super Moderator

I haven't had a Rodent problem in as many years as I've had my Dogs. It's not common knowledge, but Terriers are Varminteers. Though not as agile as a Cat, mine have on numerous occasions, presented me with one of their catches, sometimes in more than one piece, since I have more than one Dog.
I have the Yorkshire Breed.
Old January 11th, 2013 | 1:52 PM
Administrator

We do have dogs but don't allow them out in the garage...(a dachshund and a Australian kelpie/cattle dog) however our neighbors do have cats that stay out and I have seen others visit our garage in the evening... knowing this I am going to leave the truck in the driveway for the next few days since the temps will be dropping to freezing again AND I am going to leave the garage doors up a few inches to allow the neighborhood cats an opportunity to browse the apparent buffet in my garage I have removed the bird seed that they were getting into so hopefully they will move on with lack of food...
Old January 11th, 2013 | 2:13 PM
Super Moderator

If I ever decide to do a mix here, I'd choose a Doxy. Those are such great Dogs, good with children, which I can't say about my Yorkies
I too encourage visits such as you're going to do, but, have a "scrap" bowl and water out on the property, where all who need (possums/cats/whatever) can drop by for a bite, and hopefully assist my guys with the maintenance issues.
We have a resident (lives down by the Bayou) Possum who we've named Sweetie, who visits each night AFTER I close the Doggy Door. She provides a cleanup service of everything the Dogs leave out in the yard, and what scraps we put out for them. The weather is not all that extreme here, but, I just can't stand knowing there's a needy one out there and hungry.