Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

update--> '04 back glass replaced by dealer

Search this Thread

Old December 10th, 2006, 9:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default update--> '04 back glass replaced by dealer

I posted a while back about the hinge separating from the back glass of my '04 Tahoe. I contacted a few local dealers pricing a new one since I was a couple ticks outside the 3/36 warranty. The one in Valdosta quoted me $802.00, the dealership in Lakeland (ironically where i bought it) quoted $640+ tax. He then asked me for my VIN to do a recall check. The dealership in Valdosta just said "no recall" and didnt offer to run the VIN.

He checked it, and ofcourse it came back with no recall. He advised me that he had several Tahoes come back with the hinges broken off. He asked my miles and offered to order the glass and replace it anyway. I was prepared to pay for the glass anyway. It took 3 weeks for the glass to come in. When it came in, he was true to his word and called us to setup and appointment. Lori took the Tahoe up and got the new glass installed. There is NONE of that ugly platic trim. If I'n not mistaken, it is the same glass as that used on the last '05/'06 Tahoes. The only plastic is the top trim with a little wing-like kick in the back.

Thumbs up to Giddens Chevrolet in Lakeland, GA for stepping up to the plate and replacing a poorly designed part. Again. In 2 years of ownership, this has been the only black eye this vehicle has ever had.