Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Upgrading Sound System

Search this Thread

Old September 18th, 2008, 9:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrading Sound System

Ok. So i have a bought a lot of stuff to put in my truck to upgrade the audio system(Bose sucks), and just wanted some input from anyone that has done the same. Mainly I have two questions. Where is the factory amplifier located? Where is a good place to mount a capacitor and the power distributor for the amps and a small 4 channel amp. I have a suburban ( I know i am in the wrong forum but you guys always have the best answers) and the space under the second row is going to be used for my two sub amps. Let me list all my upgrades:

Diamond Audio Hex S600s Components
(front and rear)
2 15" Kicker L5 Subs in Custom Enclosure
2 Jbl BP600.1 Mono Amps
Capacitor
Alpine PDX 4.150
Rockford Fosgate 3sixty2

I want to hide everything as much as possible so i was going to put the two mono amps under the second row seats. The 3sixty2 under the cupholder in the center console. The alpine amp under the dash on the floor in front of the center console beween the two fron seats. The subs will obviously go in the back which leaves the capacitor and a place to put the power distributor. If anyone has a better idea for the location your input is welcome.

Just for GP I have also changed the grille and taillights and am going to install the escalade roof rack and chrome door handles. Will post pics as soon as i am finished.

Old September 19th, 2008, 10:02 AM
CF Active Member

Default RE: Upgrading Sound System

Have you measured under the second row to make sure your amps will fit????
Old September 19th, 2008, 5:15 PM
CF Beginner

Yes I have. I will have to trim the piece of plastic under the seat but it will JUST fit.

Old September 20th, 2008, 7:17 AM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

The factory amp is underneath the center console. under the big compartment. If you're going through the trouble of pulling out the center console to do this install, then you should be able to fit most of the stuff under there. If not, the rear quarter panels have quite a bit of room behind them