Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

USB port not working?

Search this Thread

Old March 28th, 2012, 8:23 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, the truck went into the Chevrolet Dealership yesterday with the non-functioning USB problem outlined above and the Voice Activation doesn't seem to work. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
<o></o>
They told me the reason they don’t work is that the navigation DVD is not a GM original. The disk is hand labeled and was in the unit when the truck was purchased (used). <o></o>
<o></o>
They told me to order a new DVD disk online from GM to fix the problem.<o></o>
<o></o>
Does this make sense to anyone? I don't mind spending a couple of hundred bucks if it fixes the problem but it does seem a little unrelated.<o></o>
Old March 28th, 2012, 8:24 PM
Administrator

Received 157 Likes on 155 Posts

Easy way to check. Have the dealer take a disk out of one on the lot and try it. Takes less than five minutes and costs zero.

Or by not a "GM original", does that mean it's aftermarket? If so, forget the above.
Old March 29th, 2012, 8:27 AM
CF Beginner

I recommened that ... they said they couldn't do that. They said they did not have one in stock. I suggested that if a bad DVD was the problem we could just take the disk out and do a test ... we tried it made no difference. The disk is not aftremarket but what appears to be a copy of a GM disk. The volume of data seems about right at 6 gig. This tells me whoever did the copy correctly choose a double layer DVD for the copy.
Old March 29th, 2012, 4:13 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> 8118_john,

Could you please provide the vehicle VIN number so I can look into this for you? Please also clarify the voice activation concern. Is this only voice activation for the navigation system or is this a Bluetooth voice activation concern?

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old March 30th, 2012, 9:13 AM
CF Beginner

The Bluetooth voice activation does not seem to function properly, example: Trying to pair a phone ... Press the talk button in the stearing wheel for 2 seconds yet the "ready" never comes. The iphone bluetooth is on (it pairs with my wifes ford).

The onstar seems to function fine.

The DVD navigation will not recalculate or issue audible turn by turn <!-- google_ad_section_end -->
directions.

The VIN is 1GNUCJE09AR199402.

Thanks for any insight that you can provide.
Old April 3rd, 2012, 7:38 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> 8118_john,

Thank you for providing your VIN number. After researching your vehicle, I have found that your dealer was correct. The wrong or incorrect map disc for this vehicle will effect the systems operations. The map disc is also necessary for the voice recognition to operate.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old April 3rd, 2012, 8:08 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks very much. I will give it a try and report back.
Old April 18th, 2012, 11:23 AM
CF Beginner

OK, received new DVD GM part #22880386.

No change.

USB still does not work.
Voice Acticavtion still does not work.
Navigation does not "recalcuate" if you miss a turn and does not issue audible turn by turn directions.

It may be time to try a different dealership?
Old April 18th, 2012, 12:34 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default yes

is it under warranty? have them replace every last bit until it works.

As you've seen, Ford is kicking azz at the tech game, and I'd love to get a new F-150, that for 2013 will have the MyFord Touch in it!
Old April 18th, 2012, 12:42 PM
CF Beginner

Unfortunately there is not a warrantee. I purchased the truck used and drove it out from under the warrantee before I (my wife) realized the electrical gremlins.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>

Quick Reply: USB port not working?