Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

vibration at a steady speed

Search this Thread

Old December 30th, 2011, 2:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have a 95 c1500 engine 305, i replaced the plugs,wires,rotor button,and cap, valve cover gaskets,..
i am also experincing the same issue, but it happens at 50 mph it seems when i hit 50mph and try to stay constant at that speed the motor seems to bogg down and start to shake,it also stops if i let off the gas or speed up just a tad... i have bran spakin new tires, and i know for a fact its my engine that vibrate/shakes..... not the tires or any veriation.

also, my truck does Not smoke grey or whit.. and does not throw any codes but yet my truck reeks of gas, i have replaced hoses to pcv valve and to the egr soildnoid.. and it gets about 9 miles to a gallon any solutions?
Old December 30th, 2011, 3:55 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

9MPG...ouch
I got right at 20.8mpg on our 700 mile trip, no power issues at all - just got the random shakes! I tried to offer the truck a beer to get over the detox but didnt help
Old December 31st, 2011, 5:54 PM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Sounds like a leaky TBI, I think the 305 has 2 injectors, it might be time to replace them...
Old January 1st, 2012, 11:20 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by in2pro
Sounds like a leaky TBI, I think the 305 has 2 injectors, it might be time to replace them...
x2. sounds like it's just pouring fuel vs spraying it. lol

:chug:
Old February 20th, 2012, 8:08 PM
CF Senior Member

ok how time flies...just got back from the dealership and took my service guy on a ride. he hooked up the engine diagnostics when we drove so he could monitor the TQ converter. sure enough I was able to get it to shake when driving around 45mph being very easy on the throttle and when we started going up a hill the truck would shake. so basically when under light load it will shake. it is easy to make it happen at this speed because that is the speed the converter kicks in. anyway, he would push a button and remove all TQ management and lock it up and the shaking would go away immediately. therefore narrowed it right down

on a side note I can imagine how much more fun these things would be to drive removing or limiting the TQ management...with it removed the shifting was so nice and firm

they are going to replace the converter for free tomorrow so that is good news especially since it is technically past the 5 year PT warranty.
I will update again when I get it back tomorrrow evening
Old February 21st, 2012, 7:53 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by ousig2408
they are going to replace the converter for free tomorrow so that is good news especially since it is technically past the 5 year PT warranty.
I will update again when I get it back tomorrrow evening
Nice!
Old February 22nd, 2012, 7:31 AM
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by in2pro
Nice!
very much so
they also replaced the rear main seal for free and washed the truck

I know not all dealerships are solid but I am giving props to Eldorado Chevrolet in McKinney, TX. I have had nothing but outstanding service
Old February 22nd, 2012, 8:11 AM
Administrator

Believe it or not I always try have my vehicle washed, vacuumed and tidied up before I take it in for servicing. The hope is that the tech(s) will see that I take care of my vehicle and will in turn, take care to keep it that way.

I do think that a complementary wash goes a long way too for building customer loyalties, its a simple and inexpensive task that makes a customer feel like they got something extra for free....
Old February 22nd, 2012, 10:36 AM
CF Senior Member

ya I agree - too bad my wife and 3 year old daughter use the Tahoe for a storage "area" most of the time. the service guy laughed when he got in cause I had to throw crap into the back for a few minutes.
but that is another reason I like to keep the engine clean. at least they cant clutter that part up!
Old August 22nd, 2016, 8:38 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same issue with my Tahoe. I FOUND THE FIX!!!

Quick Reply: vibration at a steady speed